PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help deciding on my new stereo. I am wanting to get a really nice system. My plan was to use the Rock Fosgate system but they have told me it will be summer before that happens, that's not going to work. SSV has a nice system except I can't stand their stupid head unit and the fact their sub hits the half door pockets. I play my music off of flash drives so I need a head unit that will do that. So with that said recreational watts has some options and they use the Rockford Fosgate head unit which I like. They have many 6.5" options, not sure what sounds the best. I haven't called them but I don't see where they offer an amp with their system. I plan to have 2-6.5" up front, 2-6.5" out back and a sub at the very least. Any help would be greatly appreciated because all of this is costly and nobody wants a system that sounds like crap. Thanks in advance!!
Brandon

·
Registered
18 Posts
Did you ever end up installing a system? I am in this same boat. I find that you can buy the parts separate via ebay or amazon as opposed to the systems in a box.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went with the 5 speaker system from SSV works. I sold their little head unit and put in the Rockford Fosgate head unit. I used the install kit from Recreational Watts, pretty clean.Tell SSV you are using the Rockford Head unit and they will give you the proper hook ups for it, its like 15 bucks. I also up graded to the Kicker speakers, I am very happy with the results. The one thing I would like would be roof mounted rear speakers because the rear pods keep me from running a rear glass. Rockford claims they may have something this fall.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts