PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was out checking the ice in some local bay's Sunday evening when my self and the Ranger were invited by the river to take a swim. My question is what should I expect from my insurance company for a pay out. I talked with the adjuster last night and his recommending it be totaled due to winter temps and length of time it was in the water till it was recovered.
State Farm is who I go through.
Never had a claim on anything been with them for about 8 yrs.

·
Premium Member
6,359 Posts
I'm surprised they are recommending it be totaled. These things go swimming all the time - dry it out and do several purges of all the fluids and it should be good to go!?

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
I agree with Forde. I'd be surprised if they total it. Chances are that the repair will be relatively quick, easy, and cheap......so cheap that I'm not sure if I'd file an insurance claim that will probably make my premiums go up.

·
Registered
725 Posts
How long of time, was it turned over w water in engine? Been there did a good cleaning and mine still going strong!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Sounds like it may have been in the wash for a while which isnt good. Sometimes a good flushing over and ovet on all the fluids will do the trick. Sometimes you end up with it never running just right and lots of problems down the road. Lots and lots of electrical connections that are gonna corrode if they werent water tight.

·
Registered
7,069 Posts
Submarined if it is insured let them total it. Yeah, you can probably flush things out, but if you have hyd lock on the water ingress in the engine while running bad things happen. As mentioned, too many issues that could surface later could come back to haunt you. Your case is one of the reasons we insure these toys :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The adjuster is at my house now while im at work. He called me again to let me know he is recommending it be totaled. When it was removed from the water the key was in the on position. When it came out I turned the key off and the instument gauge was showing the turn signals lit up and multiple Relays were going off. I had it at about 3/4 throttle when she died it felt like I should have been hauling ass but I was just going down. My guess is it did get hydro locked. Can't wait for this to be over and move on. I have thought about the buy back but not shire what can be done with it after it's been declared totaled in Wisconsin.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Buy back and part it out maybe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts