PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone running Super ATV's "wicked 6" lift on a Ranger 800 XP? I'm thinking about purchasing one but I would like some Pros/Cons to that lift.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Commanderjjones, thanks for your input. Trust me, I'm well aware of the possibilities. I ride my Ranger hard and I've broken axles with the 3" lift that I currently have. I just look at it as 💩 happens. I like to play, and you gotta pay to play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
.......I like to play, and you gotta pay to play.
As long as you understand that, you're in good shape and we're on the same page. Unfortunately, I learned that a LONG time ago........but it's typically worth every penny.

What size tires do you plan to run? Without forward A-arms (maybe that lift comes with forward A-arms???), you can't run anything larger than a 28" tire, so 6" of lift doesn't help much unless you are looking for height only. But maybe you're already aware of that too?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I am, thanks. I'm currently running 29.5" OL 2s but when I put the 6" I'll be running 32.5" OL 2s.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes it has all new axles, tie rods, etc. But they have two different 6" kits. One is the long travel and the other is the "wicked 6" which is supposably more narrow.

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
If you don't already have a clutch kit, you'll definitely wanna add one once you put the 32.5's on. That'll be a BEAST!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I do have one but I'll have to do more clutch work with the 32.5s. Here is what she currently looks like...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Very nice machine, what year is it and i am also very interested in the satv 6" lift as its the cheapest one around for a 6". would be great to get some more input about it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's a 2012. I just ordered the lift earlier today so I will find out what it's all about first hand.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Please post lots of pics and lots of details would be great after its installed. really excited to see how it turns out!

·
Registered
764 Posts
Welcome aboard, LSU.

Beware.......you're going to break CV's and/or axles with a 6" lift.
Is the main source of your concern because of an increased angle on the axles? Or is there another common cause is isn't related to the drivers right foot :smug:

I installed the SATV 6" on my 900. The angle of the axles are a tick under 18 deg measured with my iphone (not sure how accurate it is).

The axle angle on my stock 800 6x was 18.1 deg, also measured with the iphone...

So 2 different machines (800 vs 900) measured with a tool that might not be accurate, but it does show that the axle angle after the SATV 6" is far from extreme.

I didn't measure the axle angle when my 900 was stock but I am assuming it hasn't change much if at all as a result of the lift. I think the longer a-arms do a nice job of keeping the angle pretty close to stock...

this is the only pic I have that kind of shows the front axles....

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
46 Posts
tjm I have a 2010 800xp and im looking to with the 6" satv lift non long travel and i was just wondering how it handles and if you have to keep your speed undercontrol, what are your recomendations for me possibly? I use my ranger for everything icefishing in deep snow, rocky trails at camp, and of course some good mud trails. And how it would be going on a 40 mile ride (its called the snirt run in upstate ny)

·
Registered
764 Posts
tjm I have a 2010 800xp and im looking to with the 6" satv lift non long travel and i was just wondering how it handles and if you have to keep your speed undercontrol, what are your recomendations for me possibly? I use my ranger for everything icefishing in deep snow, rocky trails at camp, and of course some good mud trails. And how it would be going on a 40 mile ride (its called the snirt run in upstate ny)
I have absolutely no concerns about speed or handling with the lift. Keep in mind if you are not planning to do the long travel I think it is going to be narrower so it will handle/ride differently than mine...Having said that I still wouldn't be worried at all about the ride quality/handling...

I also wouldn't worry a bit about a 40 mile ride, we hardly ever ride less than 40 miles in a day...

What I would do is keep an eye on all of the boots (CV, Ball joints, tie rods) I have not had the kit long enough to comment on how resilient the rubber is ..I've encountered some durable rubber and some real crap over the years...stuff wears out quickly once the boots fail :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Any luck on the lift? Cant wait to see some pics of it!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It's coming along nicely! Another few hours of working on it and I should be done. Overall, I am very impressed with the lift and the contents that you get, especially for the price. I didn't know it, but the kit even comes with new new ball joints for the front A-arms. The only thing that I have found so far that I don't like is the grease zerts on the arms. When you tighten them down, they face the wrong way. I'll just have to loosen them a little when I want to grease them I guess. But like I said, I am very happy so far! I will post some pics as soon as I get it finished.

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
.....The only thing that I have found so far that I don't like is the grease zerts on the arms. When you tighten them down, they face the wrong way......
I've ran into that before on various pieces of equipment. Go to the hardware store and buy a hand full of thin (they need to be as thin as possible) washers with the appropriate I.D. By placing a washer(s) between the zerk and the arm, you can clock it to the desired location.

1 - 20 of 116 Posts