PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its time for new wheels and tires. The TSL comes in 28x8.5x14 and the radial comes in 225/85/14. My questions is will this tire be wide enough for the ranger. I know the stock tires that are on it now are wider. Does anyone have this setup currently with pics? This will be going on a 2012 XP LE. Thanks

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
I personally think a 8.5" tire ain't no where's big enough

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Didn't think so. Was trying to avoid going to a taller tire. Guess I will start looking for another option. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
It depends on what you riding style is. If trail riding and lots of blacktop then yes those tires would be great and handle better than the stockers. If alot of mud then I agree they would be too narrow. I could not be happier with my 31" swampers, they work great for everything.

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
The Swamper SSR comes in a 27" x 9.50". Not as wide as I'd prefer, but better than 8.5".

·
Registered
14 Posts
i have the SSR 27x9.50x14.
with it on outer holes, i only rub on the driver side at full lock, I'm a big guy though. I live in south Louisiana and haven't dove off in anything that i hadn't been able to drive out of.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do the ssr run true 27" and what size rim? I do a lot of hard top and occasional mud.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts