PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my winch and bumper on. The bumper took some tweaking on the top holes but it went well. I got the 3500 lbs winch because it was dirt cheap, and because my wife wanted to give me something for xmas. I had a viper 5000 before on my rzr and was very happy with it. the winch install was extremely easy. I mounted the controls to one of the bolts below the cup on the drivers side. Everything was plug and play. I did not have to drill a single hole in the ranger and the plate for the winch controller bolted straight to the space under the hood. The wiring seems kinda small but does the job. I was in my basment trying to adjust my shocks but the wouldn't budge with the weight of the ranger on them. I had no jack at the time so after 2 beers and scratching my head I decided to try the winch out. I wrapped it around a beam in the basement and pushed the button. It lifted the whole front end a foot off the ground with ease. I now have several superatv products and have used them in the past. for the most part I am very happy with them. It helps they are local and are extremely customer friendly. They may not be the strongest or the fasted but they always seem to be the cheapest for what I need. Anyway I hope this helps and for $100 for a working 3500 winch it seemed very cheap. 1 last thing I did have to drill 4 holes in the bumper itself to mount the included winch plate and I may put another plate under the bumper for support just to be safe. seemed kinda silly to have to drill holes to mount tjeir winch on their bumper but it was pretty easy.

·
Registered
181 Posts
nice hood ornimant... lol

yeah i have their 4500 pounder and so far so good, the contacts dont like water though, seems like when they get wet they just dont like to work till they dry out.

im pretty sure that bumper dosnt need the winch plate if your using their winch. the winch bolts right up to the bumper without having to drill anything. thats how mine is bolted and it has held a rzr with a stereo and 6" lift easilly as i lowered him down a cliff lol

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
without the plate I had no place to mount the fairlead. I agree it shoulda bolted right up. Maybe the 3500 is differnet than the other winches. Still for under 300 for the winch and bumper I'm happy as can be. Yeah it was on sale plus some forum discounts!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Killer Rc said:
Does the bumper block any of the light from the headlights?
not really. I have hid's the amount the bumper blocks is minimal and with the hid's I'm still way brighter than stock... the upper bar is the only thing that blocks the lights... It could be installed without the upper bar but I think it's better with it on. What I've noticed is the bright lights light up the upper rail but it's not annoying enough to be a concern. I'll go get a pic

·
Registered
1 Posts
Super atv bumper and winch

futuredenied said:
without the plate I had no place to mount the fairlead. I agree it shoulda bolted right up. Maybe the 3500 is differnet than the other winches. Still for under 300 for the winch and bumper I'm happy as can be. Yeah it was on sale plus some forum discounts!

When and how did you get such a good rate from super atv? I purchased from them not long ago (different product) and enter their site often, the bumper is $225 and winch is $170.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the bumper and winch were on sale. I signed up for thier newsletter and used a forum discount and got free shipping. basically stacked coupons and used a free shipping code... so far no regrets but there is some tweaking involved. These are not bolt on but I like tinkering anyway...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts