PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2021 500. I adjusted the rear to the 2nd from the stiffest while I am cutting wood and pulling a trailer load due to the tongue weight. Should I go back to the softest setting when not hauling heavy loads or are one of the mid settings good for general use? Do you guys adjust yours much?

·
Registered
2015 Polaris ranger 570 XP
3,767 Posts
Suspension settings are mostly for driver/passenger comfort. Using a low spring rate when hauling a trailer may cause decreased ground clearance and bottoming of the suspension more often but It probably doesn't have much negative impact on the machine itself. You may be able to experiment and find a mid range setting that provides enough comfort when not hauling but still provides adequate stiffness for hauling. If you're comfortable when not hauling on the stiffest from the stiffest then leave it there.

It's worth noting that when changing setting it's best to jack up the vehicle and take the load off the suspension. Doing so makes it easier to change the setting and will prevent damage to the adjusters.

·
Registered
'21 Northstar premium
57 Posts
What pyro said. I keep mine on full soft front and rear most of the year and crank the fronts up close to max when the snowplow goes on. If I do ride without the plow I don't bother adjusting them until the season is over.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts