PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some thoughts from those with the experience of working on your suspension. I have a 2015 Polaris Ranger XP 900 2-seater. I noticed on Friday that the driver’s side has started to sag about 2 inches. The shocks look to be in good shape, no leaks. I am thinking I need to replace the springs but don’t know what to get.
Thoughts and ideas would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Wow, 2 inches sound like a lot. Just trying to cover the simple things before you spend any money....Are you certain the sag is all in the springs? Have you checked tire pressure all the way around? Is it possible that the adjustments are at different settings side to side, or that the shocks are in the outside holes on the passenger side (check front and rear)?
Before I purchased new springs I'd switch the shock/spring assemblies side to side to see if the sag went away or just switched directions. While doing so you could be certain that the upper and lower shock bushings aren't worn on one side more than the other. It might also pay to check that tire diameters measure the same side to side and that the left side isn't worn more than the right. It's possible that the sag is a combination of several factors. If everything checks out and the sag remains it may be time for new springs. If you go the S3 route be prepared for the possibility of a harsher ride becasue they are an increased load capacity spring.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
All the research I've done for my 16/900 points to S3 springs as the cheapest option, original springs on mine are junk, would love to put Novax(spelling?)shocks on but the cost is stupid high, had them on my 09/700 and still look good today.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Swapped out the front sagging XP springs with new Crew springs. Rated something like 80lbs more. Kinda felt like stiffening springs by 2 notches, still nice cushy ride. ~solo mi dos centavos~

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Swapped out the front sagging XP springs with new Crew springs. Rated something like 80lbs more. Kinda felt like stiffening springs by 2 notches, still nice cushy ride. ~solo mi dos centavos~
Just for reference, what whas the cost comparison of the springs you installed to the S3 springs?

·
Registered
10 Posts
If my Alltimers serves me right, a pair of Polaris OEM front crew springs were little under 200 dolares. Dont remember about S3, LoL, or even if apply to buggy, no snow plow anyways ~solo mi dos centavos~

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I think Polaris install springs that are just stout enough for the weight of the Ranger, when the springs are new. Now go ride the trails, load the Ranger down, hit a few bumps, eat a few too many meals, and the springs began to sag. You start out by cranking up the adjustment bit by bit and they continue to sag bit by bit. My Midsize 500 was sagging quite a bit. It was to the point that the rear a-arms were perfectly horizontal when the machine was empty. I installed the Highlifter "stock" springs. Huge difference, machine now sits up about 2 inches and rides much better. Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wondering? Are the springs for a crew the same length as for a 2 seater Ranger? and would the fit?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Go with S3 springs lifted mine by 2 "
It is will ride a little harder but I only use it to plow and a occasional short dirt road ride so it doesn't really bother me.
Here is my post with before and after height measurements when I installed mine

1 - 10 of 10 Posts