PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to get rid of the stock tires on my machine and was thinking about putting on a set of 27" Swamp lites. Just wondering what everyone's experience/opinion is? The machine is an 800 xp Walker Evans. Will these tires fit without a lift? I have been told that swamp lites are generally a little taller that what they are advertised as. Thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i have the 27 inch super swamper SSR's, i like them, and they are a radial. the tires will most likely outlast the bike. The price isn't much more than the swamp lites.
Ive got about 500 miles on mine. I put the ranger on the outside factory holes, and only rub at full lock on driver's side, but that may be cause i weigh 295!

·
Registered
764 Posts
Swamp lites are absolute junk tires...i'd suggest any other tire than those... What kind of riding you do?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why are they junk. I ride trails, mud, snow. I use my ranger for both work and play and it goes 365 days of the year.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Why are they junk. I ride trails, mud, snow. I use my ranger for both work and play and it goes 365 days of the year.
They fall apart, cant handle weight....perhaps they'd be better suited for a lighter machine....i've watched 4 sets fall apart, they are junk....

·
Registered
764 Posts
Looks like you need an all around tire... Do you haul heavy loads or more day trip loads? Do you plow? Any riding on hard pack or sharp rocks?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do haul some heavy loads but not every day. Usually just have some weight in the box. I farm, so I am on all sorts of terrain, pasture, plowed fields, gravel roads,mud, snow, dirt trail etc. never or hardly ever on pavement. I do not plow with it, but have often thought about buying a plow.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I good tire that always comes to mind is the big horn radials. Ride super smooth and wear like iron. The swamplites are fair tires on atvs but not very good on heavy side x sides. They are soft and will wear out very quickly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts