PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
I had to do the same thing to mine. 4th time i used it and winch only 3months old. Was realy disappointed in how long the line didnt last.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I got a low quality rope. I have buddy that uses his a lot and he has never had a failure. Gto order one from MotoAlliance - also going to go up in size.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
The synthetic rope on my 9,500 lb winches are both around 6 years old. They have both been used between 5 and 10 times each. Neither show any sign of major deterioration. There are some slightly fuzzy spots that I'm keeping an eye on.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The synthetic rope on my 9,500 lb winches are both around 6 years old. They have both been used between 5 and 10 times each. Neither show any sign of major deterioration. There are some slightly fuzzy spots that I'm keeping an eye on.
What brand is your rope and what diameter?

·
Registered
309 Posts
I noticed you have the hawse from Motoalliance too. I've had issues with Amsteel lines breaking. Took a closer look and noticed a ridge on the hawse that I think is causing the issue. Looking at your pic it looks like you have the same issue. That might be why your line keeps breaking.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts