PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I know everyone loves the carnivore but has anyone tried the system 3 XTR 370 and have any reviews on it? The price is a little less and from what I have heard on RZR forums and other places they seem to wear down way way slower and have the same lug pattern and grip. I know they are heavier (around 36lbs for carnivore and 42lbs for the XTR 370) but if they wear less and are more puncture proof is it worth it? Let me know your thoughts or if u have them plz let me know what u think.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I have not seen that tire yet, would like to learn more about it, I have run alot of different tires and I can say the carnivores is top of the line, like them better than any tire I have run, I've heard they wear faster but mine has a 1000 miles on them and they still look new, alot of Rd miles too,
I liked the tusk terrabites too.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I've been pretty impressed with the Roctane X2s I put on my 800. I was mainly looking for tough puncture proof tire, they are 10 ply rated radials. A little heavier than the Carnivores. That 370 tire looks good too, I would definitely looked at those if I had known about them. Looks like they got deeper lugs than the Carnivores or Roctane X2s.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have not seen that tire yet, would like to learn more about it, I have run alot of different tires and I can say the carnivores is top of the line, like them better than any tire I have run, I've heard they wear faster but mine has a 1000 miles on them and they still look new, alot of Rd miles too,
I liked the tusk terrabites too.
yeah I don’t know what to do lol.. they are a more robust tire but still an 8 ply? The weight difference is similiar to a rocktanes weight. Or more mud tire weight. Carnivore usually measures about 1-1.5” short though and the XTR is always true to size a full 30”. So that would account for some of the weight also the added lugs on sidewall. I am
Gonna decide here in the next hour and then order my set. Either set is gonna be a great tire and price is like $30 difference for the whole set so not a big deal.

30x10x14 carnivore- 34.9lbs
30x10x14 xtr 370- 41.2lbs

·
Registered
889 Posts
I don't know about the 30" carnivores but the 28s specs say 28.7 diameter and they are very close to that. The 28" roctanes say 28 and they are close to that. The roctanes are actually close to 10" width. The carnivores are about an inch narrower

·
Registered
710 Posts
Mossy is right, my 28s are over 28in. Tall, I don't think you can go wrong with either one, at least you will be different, only thing I don't like about the carnivores is everybody has them🤣. If you try them give us a review

·
Registered
889 Posts
Carnivores are great! I have to say that 370 tire looks pretty good and I like the fact they have deep lugs.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I bought a set of 30 carnivores this spring. Swore the measured a true 30 or a hair more off the machine.

Was headed out to cut some wood, so threw a level and tape measure on them. Poly roof, canvas doors, front glass, rear poly, winch, rear bumper and portals weighing in at 200 lbs total running 11 psi measured right at 29 1/4.

Maybe things have changed since you got your first set? Just thought I'd throw my info out there for you.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Are you guys measuring the height of the tire with the weight of the machine on it? I know for sure my 28" Carnivores are right at 29" diameter. I have no idea what the loaded height measurement is.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Measured on the machine how you use it is the only measurement that matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
889 Posts
Measured on the machine how you use it is the only measurement that matters.

That may be true, but if you are checking tire for true size the only measurement that matters is the diameter. The loaded height is affected by pressure and load. If you look at tire specs, they specify the dimensions and the rim width used to determine these dimensions. A lot more to it than the height when on a vehicle.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
As in my post, my 30's measured a hair over 30 off the machine. So mine run true to size and how the manufacturers measure.

Regardless if they're on or off the machine. The horizontal measurements will stay the same...and if your trying to fit it in a fender well will matter.

Reactions: Mossy700

·
Registered
889 Posts
That's the point I was trying to make about being true to size. However some tires are way off in that respect. The tires that came on my 1000 were supposed to be 27s but they were well under that

·
Registered
291 Posts
True, but if you have a weak walled tire it’ll squat under a heavy machine. So a tire could measure 30” off the machine and 28.5 on the machine.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Exactly. All tires are gonna squat some under a load but earlier the discussion was about tires being true to the listed size. So the loaded height and unloaded diameter are 2 different things.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
That's the point I was trying to make about being true to size. However some tires are way off in that respect. The tires that came on my 1000 were supposed to be 27s but they were well under that
For sure. Stock tires have always ran at least an inch under what was written on the side of them. Wish they would get it at least close.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I guess I’m not sure how your guys carnivores are measuring anywhere close to actual. Mine were way off and on most forums or Facebook posts everyone says they are 1” off atleast off the sxs even. A tire should be within 1/2” when on the sxs if u ask me lol. I went with XTR 370’s. A friend got a set of 32” xtr 370’s for his rzr and they measured 32.5 off the rzr and 32 exactly mounted on his rzr so that is awesome. Will update and let you all know how they work after a couple hundred miles.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Any radial tire is going to squat some sitting still based on inflation pressure, temperature and load. I suppose if you air it up tight enough you can probably get that 1/2" squat you speak of. Let them down to 4 psi and see how much they squat. I run my tires closer to the max inflation that is written on the side wall, but I'm sure they still squat an inch or so on the machine. My point is loaded height is not the same as the tire diameter. I have worked for a major tire company for 28 years. We make tires. I know exactly how tires are measured. The 28" Carnivores I have are very close to what the manufacturer specs say the diameter should be, but I can't speak for the other sizes.

It would be interesting to know who makes the tires for all these different brands? Some of them might, but I doubt they all have their own manufacturing plants.

Good luck with the XTRs, they look like a very good tire.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts