PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Ranger 1000 Premium Stealth Grey
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a fuse on the tail lights (2021 Ranger 1000 premium), If so where is it...I installed an adapter in the tail light circuit for a license plate light and had voltage at a red wire, now I dont. I have key on and headlights on but no viltage.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Found the owners manual which says the fuse box is under the hood...................WRONG, Found it under the passenger seat. There is a fuse for lights but it was good. Back to the drawing board.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Is there a fuse on the tail lights (2021 Ranger 1000 premium), If so where is it...I installed an adapter in the tail light circuit for a license plate light and had voltage at a red wire, now I dont. I have key on and headlights on but no viltage.
Did you try removing the adapter you put in and see if it works again ?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you try removing the adapter you put in and see if it works again ?
No, did not do that as the red wire I was using is on the adapter. The adapter I got fits in the wiring harness and has 3 wires to attach what ever you are trying to power up...When I turned the key and the head lights on i checked each of the 3 wire to determine which wire I wanted to use for the license plate light.

·
Registered
1 Posts
No, did not do that as the red wire I was using is on the adapter. The adapter I got fits in the wiring harness and has 3 wires to attach what ever you are trying to power up...When I turned the key and the head lights on i checked each of the 3 wire to determine which wire I wanted to use for the license plate light.
Did you ever figure this out?? I’m having the same issue. Check engine light on as well for electrical short. Can’t figure out how to fix it!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did you ever figure this out?? I’m having the same issue. Check engine light on as well for electrical short. Can’t figure out how to fix it!
I did remove the adapter and everything worked. Have not messed with it since then, As soon as the air clears again I will get back to it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts