PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
6,910 Posts
E, it is a sign from above.

·
6,910 Posts
Clarify :

Why does my o7 ranger 700 have voltage incoming on my tbap plug when it's unhooked ?

Because :

A unplugged sensor does not have incoming voltage....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What I'm saying is I unplug the sensor and test the wires on the plug the orange #3 on the plug has 5v but the pink and white #2 on the plug has 4.6v is this correct because I thought only the orange wire from the ecu sends voltage to the sensor

·
6,910 Posts
E, as I have never checked the voltage on the other wires , I cannot help you. What is the problem you are having with the TBAP ? symptoms ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
07 ranger 700
Won't rev only idles
Compression 180 on both cylinders 40 psi fuel pressure at idle can't check at higher rpms
New plugs and wires
Cleaned injectors twice but they ohm at .2 above spec. Cps 578 ohms new tps no change tried new cps no change I've checked the whole wiring harness twice for broken wires with ohm meter all checked out but I have new tbap and tps plugs coming tommorow tried another tbap with no change throttle body has been adjusted so I went through setup at .528 and .710 and everything I between with no change new battery changed oil which was new 2 weeks ago and clean it was about 1 quart over and black and smelled like fuel new plugs black but it could be from all the tps adjustments I've tried. If u spray carb cleaner on the air filter while trying to give it throttle it will rev up which makes me think it's starving for fuel motor idles with slight miss but no ticks or knocking oil pressure relief valve is free its charging fan runs when temp sensor is unplugged tried another coil no change no cracks in intake boot no codes exhaust clear I'm sure I'm missing something but I'm out of things to check. All fuses good also

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also pump and regulator are new and did the fuel tank filter delete and put 1 inline going to rail and tps has no jumps or gaps and wot voltage is 3.86

·
6,910 Posts
E, many 2007 700's will not run @ spec TPS voltage. Reset base to .560 and flow (D screw) @ .680 vdc (1100 rpm idle) your TPS may shot as well. 10 years and they are usually done in.

Just FYI, the Ebay & Amazon knock off TPS's they sell for $20.00 are NO GOOD......AT ALL...

Yeah, I know...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is there any way it could be a problem with the ecu under the seat how often do they go bad. Oh and fyi I also took it to Mr motorcycle in asheville nc which is a polaris dealer and they hooked it to digital wrench and couldn't find anything wrong with it but I did have them reprogram the computer and it took a program so it should be good right. They said they would replace throttle body but how could it be bad also when trying to throttle up when it dies it puffs a little smoke from around throttle shaft on the side of throttle body like it's out of time. Could this be possible

·
6,910 Posts
Is there any way it could be a problem with the ecu under the seat how often do they go bad. Oh and fyi I also took it to Mr motorcycle in asheville nc which is a polaris dealer and they hooked it to digital wrench and couldn't find anything wrong with it but I did have them reprogram the computer and it took a program so it should be good right. They said they would replace throttle body but how could it be bad also when trying to throttle up when it dies it puffs a little smoke from around throttle shaft on the side of throttle body like it's out of time. Could this be possible
e, reset the TPS to what I said........ Polaris dealers are just part replacers, when you need a real fix you come to PRC.

·
6,910 Posts
So E .. you went from .528 and .710 TO .560 and .680 and YOU COULD NOT TELL ANY DIFFERENCE ? AT ALL ?? I would have to say your TPS is not good..

·
6,910 Posts
If it was any better it wasn't much
If it was any better it wasn't much
e, my point is >>>>>>>>>>>if your TPS was responding properly there should have been a Radical DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THOSE voltage settings.... gOOD>>>BAD a huge difference SHOULD HAVE BEEN APPARENT.

Reactions: gmck154x4

·
6,910 Posts
E, then you set it up incorrectly..........

·
6,910 Posts
E, so back off the 'D' (FLOW) screw to>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 1100 RPM idle..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts