PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any printed manuals like the Haynes or Chilton manual made for specific Polaris side by side UTV's

I have and use these for every vehicle I own and they are great, detailed beyond what I'd take on in a lot of cases, but a must have for the do it yourselfer, like me. I like to keep a library in my shop, and not the digital copy on disc, as I like the paperback book style.

I've searched and only find some Haynes Polaris ATV model, but no UTV. Even their online manuals are lacking a UTV.

What do some of you guys use for your sources of info, besides this great forum?

·
Super Moderator
6,745 Posts
Are there any printed manuals like the Haynes or Chilton manual made for specific Polaris side by side UTV's

I have and use these for every vehicle I own and they are great, detailed beyond what I'd take on in a lot of cases, but a must have for the do it yourselfer, like me. I like to keep a library in my shop, and not the digital copy on disc, as I like the paperback book style.

I've searched and only find some Haynes Polaris ATV model, but no UTV. Even their online manuals are lacking a UTV.

What do some of you guys use for your sources of info, besides this great forum?
John, I have never seen a Haynes or chitons service manual for SXS's.

I have purchased the OE Polaris service manuals for both of my Rangers.
If I remember correctly they are apprx $65.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Greg, I found this, but am a bit leary of the "Product Info" stating its for a Sportsman, yet at the top it says it's for my Ranger year and model. Also the price is much higher than any Haynes I've ever bought. Are the Polaris manuals as detailed, with pics, torque values, etc?

Service Manual - 9923094 | Polaris RANGER Store

The fact that these are printed as needed from a vendor after you purchase, and no other outlet, makes me wonder why there are no competitors Like Haynes, jumping in on the side by side Ranger and Razr market. Haynes had several manuals for ATV's back in the 90's. They are missing out here on sales - IMO.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Greg, I found this, but am a bit leary of the "Product Info" stating its for a Sportsman, yet at the top it says it's for my Ranger year and model. Also the price is much higher than any Haynes I've ever bought. Are the Polaris manuals as detailed, with pics, torque values, etc?

Service Manual - 9923094 | Polaris RANGER Store

The fact that these are printed as needed from a vendor after you purchase, and no other outlet, makes me wonder why there are no competitors Like Haynes, jumping in on the side by side Ranger and Razr market. Haynes had several manuals for ATV's back in the 90's. They are missing out here on sales - IMO.
Agreed John, The 'from po' manuals are full of typo's/a fair amount of misinformation and krappy pics and just plain lacking in some repairs (LOL, I'm thinking they jus don't know how to fix/diagnose/repair some of it)....... But, that's about all that is available. You can save about 60 bucks by going here........Service Manual Vault Service Manuals for $4.95 PDF Download and pay 10 bucks for the pdf files and download it to a thumbdrive AND THEN take it into KINKO's etc and they will print it out (both sides of the page) and then bind it for around 25-30 bucks...... If you can get someone who already has the pdf files for your year Ranger , they can email them to you and save another 10 bucks...(THANKS TIMESPLITTER !)... That's all I know..cept.paying po prices for a service manual ...sucks..

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
Having grown up racing (and subsequently working on my own) dirt bikes, I've bought and used a lot of Haynes and Chilton manuals over the years, but I've never seen one for a Polaris. Must be a trademark issue or something. I have the factory manuals for my '06 XP and '12 RZR4XP and both have all the info' that you need. I have yet to run across anything that was lacking in those manuals.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
My point was,I guess, if you replaced parts as often as the manual suggests instead of the manual giving you proper trouble shooting instructions, you could consider the po manuals...........not lacking.

·
Super Moderator
6,745 Posts
Agreed John, The 'from po' manuals are full of typo's/a fair amount of misinformation and krappy pics and just plain lacking in some repairs (LOL, I'm thinking they jus don't know how to fix/diagnose/repair some of it)....... But, that's about all that is available. You can save about 60 bucks by going here........Service Manual Vault Service Manuals for $4.95 PDF Download and pay 10 bucks for the pdf files and download it to a thumbdrive AND THEN take it into KINKO's etc and they will print it out (both sides of the page) and then bind it for around 25-30 bucks...... If you can get someone who already has the pdf files for your year Ranger , they can email them to you and save another 10 bucks...(THANKS TIMESPLITTER !)... That's all I know..cept.paying po prices for a service manual ...sucks..
John, Kris makes some very good points in his post. I have ran across a few typos, a few pics have been darker than needed, and the price is a little steep. But I like you, need a printed copy, so I just purchased the OE Polaris manual. IMO the manual is pretty good, and yes it does have torque values.

But as stated the thumb drive, kinkos idea is great. This way you can make copies that you don't mind getting dirty, and if you do, print another one. This would be a time saver for me.

You can have printed copies in the house and shop!

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Ok, I don't want to come off sounding like the factory manuals are not .................pretty good and you nearly have to have one. There is a lot of good information there. You just have to be ...watchful. a couple of things come to mind like SPARK PLUG FOULING TROUBLESHOOTING : Check the ETC (electronic throttle control) Rangers don't even have them. Or "if you touch that D-screw on the throttle body, the world will nearly end and you must purchase a NEW THROTTLE BODY ". or, USE ONLY PO CV GREASE or else ! or the transmission tear down pictures and description in the wrong sequence and with pics so dark you can't see the parts . Throw those bolts and nuts away.. etc. I paid a hundred dollars for a '06 manual in 2006 ( the most money I ever paid for any publication ever) and I guess I was expecting a little more. Bottom line.....if they were perfect, what would people need PRC for.........

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bottom line.....if they were perfect, what would people need PRC for.........
Comradery, something Polaris cannot import, or manufacture.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hey guys, I really would like to have a copy on pdf. I have a 2014 900XP Browning edition. I know I haven't seen a 2014 available yet. Is the 2013 the same? I know the engine braking would be different, but I was wondering if everything else is the same?

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
for one of you who purchased the 2015 Polaris Ranger XP 900 EPS Owner's Manual, how many pages does it contain? Where and how much did you pay?

·
Registered
22,346 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ryan, where did you find this, I would like to try to find one for a 2005 Ranger 4x4, mine has carb. I was told to get a Hayes, but I can't find one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts