PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K&N, Uni, Polaris or ? What is good about it, what is bad. Costs. Easy to clean or just a replacement.

·
Premium Member
6,359 Posts
I run stock on mine - hard to beat paper (if you can keep it dry!) - just more expensive over the long run. From what I've read here and on other sites over the years, for really dusty/dirty conditions, UNI is the way to go. For hard pack and less dusty conditions, K&N.

·
Registered
792 Posts
I use a Uni Filter - I have 2 so I can have one ready to change out when it gets dirty. I always trusted Uni filters, clean up is not bad and they are not expensive. I checked mine yesterday and no evidence of any dust getting through in 100 hours.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
I just checked the OEM air filter on my Ranger a month ago. Over 2,000 miles on it & the filter still looks new. Very little if any "debris" on it.

·
Registered
166 Posts
anybody run fleetguard air filters?

·
Registered
81 Posts

·
Vendor
325 Posts
I just checked the OEM air filter on my Ranger a month ago. Over 2,000 miles on it & the filter still looks new. Very little if any "debris" on it.
revrnd, where do you ride? Down here I tap out my filter after the first ride and have to change it after the second. If it doesn't rain the morning before we ride it is all ways dusty.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
revrnd, where do you ride? Down here I tap out my filter after the first ride and have to change it after the second. If it doesn't rain the morning before we ride it is all ways dusty.
Southern Ontario (about an hour north of Buffalo NY as the crow flies). 90% woods running & 10% abandoned railbeds. We get a decent amount of rain during the summer & there is a lot of leaf/pine debris on the ground.

·
Premium Member
6,359 Posts
Yikes! Somebody swipe your pre-filter? :eek:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts