PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gary I would like to see this as a sticky maybe? I'd like for it to be a place for us to share about accessories/parts we've bought for or Rangers. It would be a good place for others to come look and see if an accessory they are thinking of buying has gotten a good report or bad?
I have a Green Mountain M/O seat cover coming and will post on here when it comes in on such things as quality, fit, looks and price. Maybe it will help someone thinking of buying a seat cover? Anyway.........just a suggestion?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Great idea!.

So far but with more to come,

EZ Pull parking brake - best money spent so far.

Windshield (plexiglass) Seizmik - even on sale at $221 I think it was a little pricey considering a sheet of plexi glass is about $100. It does fit OK though.

Soft top Seizmik - on sale at $61. Not bad for the money. Fits OK.

Nerf bars and rear bumper from RangerMike. Good investment and they look good but you may have to play with the install just a bit. I had to shim the rear bumper and use a couple of fender washers on the nerf bars. Not a big deal.

Venom 4000lb winch - a great buy at $236 delivered but I haven't installed it yet.

Safety belts from DJ Safety. The ones I bought were an easy install. They are 3 point I guess you would call them. All I wanted was a lap belt with 2 over the shoulder straps. I wouldn't race with them, but they are great for me otherwise. I got and would reccomend the shoulder strap pads.

·
Registered
28,607 Posts
Mudbuster cam, Sp ECU, 2" lift, best things you can do to a Ranger.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
RangerWare rear bumper, I like it, strong, easy to install, Polaris after market steering wheel, much better than stock, K&N under hood air filter for engine and belt air intake with prefilters, I like "em allway run 'em on my quads

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"RD".............where did ya get your K&N stuff from and what all do I have to buy for the complete job? Thanks......

·
Registered
28,607 Posts
Randy, you can get them at the automotive stores, the part #'s are listed in the important parts section. All you need is the filters and one of the pre filters for each filter.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Curt! Will pick em up tomorrow. By the way........do you think they make a noticable difference on a stock engine?

·
Registered
28,607 Posts
They do help, the stock system is pretty restrictive. Make sure to remove the factory filter under the bed. Some stores have to order them. Have you tried the white spring and washer yet?

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So.............do you not run a filter at all in the under the bed canister? Just use the K&N under the hood? I have not tried the spring and washer yet. Wnated to put a little more seat time in with the factory stuff first. For my type of riding (just riding and not playing in the mud) do you think I would benefit from thr spinge, washer change? Thanks buddy.........

·
Registered
28,607 Posts
Nope, I only run the underhood filter, running two filters in line is too restrictive. The white spring and washer just makes it more responsive. I would recomend it to anyone with a Ranger, for the $20.00 it well worth it.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK then..........Just remove the filetr under the bed and close the box back up and replace the one under the hood with the K&N. Sounds simple enough. Boy!!!!!!! I can already see this thing is gonna $50 me to death!!! LOL........

·
Registered
28,607 Posts
Only $50, boy have I got bad news for you :) Actually the K&N filter is about $32 and the pre filter is about $9. If only you could stop there.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'd like to comment on 2 of our sponsors products.........Rubberdown and Pro-Lift. I recently put the Rubberdown 2" front lift on and would like to say that the fit,quality and overall results are excellent! This is a precision made piece of equipment!!! PERIOD!!!
I also installed the Pro-Lift 2" rear at the same time and again.........fit,quality and results were exactly what I was looking for! I would highly recommend them both and am very pleased with the results of both..

·
Registered
28,607 Posts
Thats good to hear!

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
842 Posts
You are going to love the console. I bought mine when I bought the 07 XP and it's great. Best money I've spent to date.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OK everyone............I got the seat covers in today and I must say that I am very happy with the quality of this product. The fit and workmanship is excellent! All seams are double stitched and the 600D camo fabric is matted to a waterproof backing. I could find no flaws in the product anywhere. This is a great investment for seat protection and would also make a good replacement cover for a torn seat. I give it the "JD" 2-thumbs up!!![;)]

·
Registered
24,233 Posts
Randy,

That does indeed look good. Where did you get those from and how did they fasten on?

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks Bruce! I got them at www.tellico4x4.com and they are made by Green Mountain $73.95 + shpg for all 4 pieces. They are custom fit with elastic sewn in the seams. They also have velcro straps. The head rest uses a zipper for attachment. They are very secure and very well made........great product!!!

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
That's it I come here to post acc. and you all are causing me to spend more $$ LOL. Yes I will take cheese with that.

Here's products I commend you to buy.

Rangeware cab / tip out windshield / soft doors @ Rangeware.
Under dash dust /heat shields.
Rear seat package and tree armor from Bill @ Nethawk.
Both are sponsors here.
And 27"Big Horns

And things that I'm not pleased with.
I wasn't happy with Roll cage from Jeff Jones.

<u>"Edited,"</u> added after 18hrs. on ranger, product I don't like and many here will agree
Stock POLARIS EMERGENCY BRAKE!!!! I don't know what there cost was to make but safety item should be better.

And I just ordered my set cover's and grab handles
Thanks JD

1 - 20 of 43 Posts