PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am interested in the 570 ranger but also have strong interest in the 400 etx with the latter being based on price point combined with the same chassis as the mid 570. Unfortunately the 400 was not built so i could not drive it but did drive the 570 mid and full size. Being 6 3 feet, the fs 570 fit me better and felt more comfortable. For shorter folks, this prob doesnt matter. In terms of ride, there is a very distinct improvement in the plushness and quality of the ride on the full size 570. The bumps were less jittery vs the mid size, i could feel the difference immediately. Overall handling was hard to rate given the small area, both accelerated nicely and felt good but for me, the clear winner was the fs 570. The only thing i didnt like was the noise, the fs seemed louder than the mid, which didnt make sense to me but after looking at the exhaust, i noticed they were different. The noise was disappointing to me, something i am more sensitive to than others. As i was about to leave, i asked the sales guy about the noise on the 900 and he said "it is much louder, it has a 900 motor". I asked him if we could test it for kicks and he said yes. Not only was the 900 "not loud" it was about half the noise level of the fs 570! There was a huge difference. I hate that this is the case bc i have no interest in spending that much money for a 900. The fs 570 was plenty, more than i really wanted to spend but i absolutely loved the 900, mostly due to the low cab noise though the power is fun too

Anyway, they are pricing some leftovers for me. Im not sure i can spend that much but we,ll see what they come back with. I wish i could have driven the 400 etx at the same time but it didnt work out.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Yep, gotta love the 900's.:glee: Good luck with your search.:encouragement:

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Turf mode is one of the biggest plus's to these machines. Whether your worried about lawn care, or if its about turning tight in the woods for something, its a HUGE plus. So far, the 900 is the quietest buggy ive rode in yet. hands down. (other than the Ranger EV) lol

Either the 570 or the 900 will be a wise choice. If i personally had to do it all over, id prolly get the 570 or 900. It would depend on pricing as you said. I love my midsize, the smallness is great on certain perspectives, however having a fullsize would have its benefits as well.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just traded in my 800 XP EPS. I had overcome the heat issue, but the noise became more and more frustrating. Spend the money you will keep the machine, if you like it, you'll trade in off sooner and end up spending the money.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I did the same Ed....I didn't do my research and bought the 800....sold it out right...Then went shopping again. I'm not a speed demon , was looking for quite... no heat under the seat issues. I tried out the 570. It was loud. And I didn't think much power either.(my opinion of course)
Then the 900...then the 900 ESP...I figured I'd have the machine for years...I got the 900 EPS. The same shop sold the Yamaha Viking , IF you want an eye opener as far as noise goes...Please Try One...you'll go running to the nearest Polaris dealership...

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got a good laugh outbid that signature...engine under seat ass cooker.

I drove the old rhino and it was as loud as anything I've ridden but the new Viking is new and improved, it is louder

·
Registered
269 Posts
The etx does have turf mode

·
Registered
187 Posts
"Wow thats quiet" is the first thing anyone says after they ride in my 900 crew, these new 900s really are nice on the ears.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
427 Posts
The dealer in my town has a white etx ranger and the 4x4 selection rocker only is a 2 way switch. 2x4 and awd.. All other ranger have a 3 way switch

·
Premium Member
6,359 Posts
The dealer in my town has a white etx ranger and the 4x4 selection rocker only is a 2 way switch. 2x4 and awd.. All other ranger have a 3 way switch
Interesting - didn't realize that!

·
Registered
171 Posts
No Turf Mode on the " new and improved base model" that replaces my 400 ? Wow, I'm glad I got my 2014 Ranger 400.
If you could find a leftover 400, it would be worth a try. Very capable, quiet, a lot less $. And it has Turf Mode.

·
Registered
427 Posts
A few months ago on my way to Panama City beach florida on vacation passed a dealership selling several leftover 14 model 400 green Rangers for 6499$ plus tax. Not sure what taxes were in that town but none the less a hell of a deal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2014 570 crew. It is really loud, to the point of being painful, especially if you are in the back seat.

I really like it other than the engine exhaust noise.

Has anybody come up with a quieter muffler for this beast?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I drove the 14 400 in march and really thought it would be the one i would buy but ended up liking it the least. It was way too loud for me and the 900 was too expensive. I really liked the 800 fs but the hot seat especially since i live in florida concerned me so i purchased a bad boy buggy. I absolutely love it but with 5000 acres to roam, a gas powered companion is needed. It was going to be my atv but i am selling it and may get a 900. It really is the best choice for me though im not sure i really need it

·
Registered
376 Posts
Owcobro, the BT-74 is an American made muffler add-on designed for your 570 and many others. No connection to the company. I am considering on for my Ranger 900 to make it even quieter during deer season.

Polaris ATV Quiet Mufflers

·
Registered
40 Posts
I love the 900 and how quiet it is. My inlaws have a 2012 800 and it is loud on the ranch, we bought the 2014 900 and i cant here my dad coming to pick me up in my bow blind until he is about 30 yards away.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts