PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
The proper caption for this picture is, "Yup, my dad's too cheap to spring for some doors. Something about 'building character'."

·
Registered
96 Posts
You make me very glad I've got full doors... and a heater:)
Nice pics, especially of the kids.
The surroundings look a lot like the eastern part of Canada.
But I agree that you and the kids would really appreciate a cab.
Check out my winter photos.
One downside is the air intakes blocking with ice/snow on the 900s.
20141021_111731.jpg 20140226_123948.jpg 20140223_123035.jpg 20140119_114038.jpg 20131217_111055.jpg

·
Registered
616 Posts
so what is the downside to tracks?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yup! That's a trail pass.
My new tracks are much improved from the older Polaris tracks. They offer more flotation, higher speed and better fuel efficiency. Except for the cost, and if you are not expecting the Ranger to replace a snowmobile, there are no "downsides" (especially with a cab).
However, the location of the air intakes is problematic. They will block up in even ideal conditions and cause serious problems.
Polaris offers a kit for relocating the engine intake inside the cab - this is a good fix. But the clutch intake has not been addressed. Still, I have managed by creating a larger area at the intake which al needs to be cleaned often.

·
Registered
309 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
What side mirrors are you using? I have hinged windows and would like side mirrors. Thanks.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Because of the close clearances on my enclosed trailer I have to use relatively small mirrors. These are bicycle mirrors purchased for about $5 each. The mounting brackets are 4×4 stud hangers (about $1).
I drilled the sides of the stud hangers using contact cement and glued them onto the doors.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Those Polaris doors are sure nice, but a bit (or a lot) to pricey for me. The poly carb windshield had to go because by spring I couldn't see through it from scraping frost off. I spent the money on a Polaris glass windshield, and built doors and side windows out of scraps. It's very comfy now, no downside IMG_0903.JPG IMG_0935.JPG

1 - 13 of 13 Posts