PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Ranger has only 526 miles on it, the code 0 84 2 has only came up one or two times. as always drive it in low @ 4000 rpm for 30 seconds or so and it resets the light. well not now !! the light is on and will not go out. removed the censor (no shavings or trash on it) checked the plugs all is good, even back to the ECM. ordered the upgraded part number censor today, so maybe it will fix it? has anyone had the light come on with this code and NOT be able to reset it or make it go out?

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Did your dealer not take care of this issue for you? Mine did a fix on mine. I'm not convinced that it was 100% effective since I've see the issue come up once since then (~7 months). But it's better than it was.

Reactions: alranger

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i live over 120 miles from my dealer, so that's really why i didn't take it back to them. Im a mechanic for a living and really like to do all the work my self. the ranger is out of warranty anyways. its over in time not mileage . this ranger is kept in out of the weather, has never even been wet or ridden in mud and water, so more than likely its the censor i hope....but i have read that the ECM has to be flashed to accept the new ones. if that's the case i will have to take it in anyways.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
i did that jim, but my dealer said they had not heard of anything about it and i would have to bring it to them. it sure seems there are alot of shady Polaris dealers out there. i have always been a honda owner and never ever had any run around or problems at all. they even fixed torn boots for me one time(two weeks out of warranty). if your atv was close or even just out of warranty they would always work with you. the polaris dealers we have here are sure NOT like that, and NOT very knowledgeable about what they sale also !

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
That is bull , call another dealer. It is a recall , no time limit on your end.

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
I'd say there's probably some sort of time constraint on that TSB, but it wouldn't be limited by your warranty date. Seems like I remember reading that dealers were doing a reflash on the ECM to correct the problem, so I'm not sure if the new sensor will fix it.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
I looked up my vin, and there was a recall on the speed sensor. I have not had any issues with mine, but called the dealer anyway. They said to bring it in anytime. Good luck bro.:glee::encouragement:

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
one of them just closed Steve... the other is about 100 miles round trip to the south, there is one in Nashville 56 miles one way. the distance is not a big deal but the only truck i have to tow my ranger with is a Nissan PU(the small one) with a automatic trans and 285 thousand miles on it ! LOL ...were i live and ride is over 900 acres and back roads. so my ranger dont see a trailer very often.:tan:

·
Registered
217 Posts
Definitely need the flash...took mine in almost new before it threw the code. They flashed the ECM and I have had no problems...good luck.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well i took the trip to the dealer today... even tho my warranty is out they flashed my ecm for me. no charge at all and wile i waited. all i can say for american motor sports in Dickson tennessee is they will have my business from now on !! good folks. And so far so good on the problem. it seems to have fixed it.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
UPDATE..............still doing good, today i noticed the rattle knocking sound in the trans that so many people comp-lane about is gone. when the clutch use too let go on a downhill grade, rough trails it would clank and knock(in AWD MODE). i remember reading a post on here somewhere were people were having that problem. the problem is the speed sensor and the ECM are not talking the same language. in the upgraded sensor it counts the gear teeth faster, and the ECM has to be adjusted to receive that info. also wile in AWD mode the front wheels dont hold back like they did and work WAY smoother. so guys if your having theses normal issues, take it and have it flashed and the new part number sensor installed. just thought someone may want too know this.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Well I hate to ruin the moment but I had my 2013 flashed back when the recall first came out and low and behold it happened again this past weekend. As usual I ran it in low over 4k RPM for awhile and the issue dissapeared. The 900 goes in for it's 100 hr. service tomorrow and I'll bring it to the attention of the Service Rep. We shall see!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts