PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

How did you obtain your Ranger?

• Bought and paid for.

• Financed.

• It was given to me.

• I stole it.

• I don't have one yet, saving up for it.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
'18 Ranger XP1000 EPS 3-seater
190 Posts
I chose to finance due to such a low interest rate (2017). Practically free money. Could of paid in full but that would have hurt a little more. So instead I put a good chunk down.

Reactions: madone09 and Baloo

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
Paid Cash in Tampa in 2006 and had it shipped to the Caribbean ........ It is our daily driver .

·
Registered
2020 Ranger Northstar Crew Ultimate
562 Posts
I buy another one every 3 years. Sell my old one and put in a little cash then get a new one.

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
When GW was the man? Don't blame you for moving.... Nice Bike!!!
Hey Numbnut, I shipped the Ranger down in 2006 and left when Bath House Barry came to power. Yah know your ex wife said you were nit witted with a tiny dic. Agreed on the nit wit but I'll jus take her word on the other.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
2006? Oldtimers you say? You need to learn the cuisine for crows or iguanas in a few days.

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
whatever you say.....Stubby..

Reactions: Rangerwhit

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Could have paid cash but interest was cheap so set it up for 3 annual payments. Would like to upgrade and although mine is still worth close to what I paid, availability is limited and I won't even talk about pricing, market has gone nuts. Mine is for work and going to have to do something in the next couple years.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I finance. I pay enough down and set up payments so that if I ever had to sell I would not be upside down. A machine has been part of the monthly budget for years. And we do budget strictly which means we can do it with peace of mind. There's enough cash to pay for it, but I'd rather keep that money set aside for other things.

·
Registered
2015 Polaris ranger 570 XP
3,429 Posts
Pyromedic's philosophy: (my 2 cents worth)

Wealthy people don't pay interest unless the interest can be deducted as a business expense and what they purchase will earn them more money than what interest costs. They may or may not be happy and they usually have stress.
Rule: Debt = stress at some level.

Really wealthy people don't pay interest at all, they pay cash for what they want with earnings from investment capital. Their wealth is so great they will never want or need for anything they cannot afford, and they are happy and stress free as far as financial concerns. Poor choices due to great financial wealth may ruin their happiness and induce stress.

"Wealthy" is a relative term. Whether one is wealthy or not has more to do with whether an individual's wants and needs are satisfied, lack of stress and their happiness than it does with their net worth. A poor man can be wealthy if he has no debt, his wants and needs are basic and he has enough to pay for those wants and needs without stress or debt and is happy.

An average person can become really wealthy under the same conditions with the addition that he/she has funds above what he requires to meet the above parameters and invests them for a return. Simple and few wants and needs can be the key to the average person becoming really wealthy if that person is wise with their income stream and stays out of debt.

Anyone can be wealthy if they are willing to adjust their "wants" to a level their income can support without debt and they can be happy with it.

Take my "2 cents" and try to buy happiness with it. I can afford to give it to you.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My budget rarely covers new. I have 3 farm tractors. The newest of those is 68 years old. By comparison, our 2005 Ranger 500 seems barely used. I have more fun with well-maintained older toys than if I had to worry about getting that first scratch on anything new.
KL

·
Registered
29 Posts
Got me a unrestored all original 54 Buick Roadmaster, used as my daily driver this year...I feels your vibe.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I chose to finance due to such a low interest rate (2017). Practically free money.
This is the path I took also, I did have the money available but I could afford the payments and still have the money set aside.

Reactions: RangerMann

·
Registered
58 Posts
A deal poped up that was going to be short lived so financed it. Paid off now. Older unit that needed work. Labor was on me and looked for a better buy for the parts. OEM is not always necessary.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts