PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

How did you obtain your Ranger?

• Bought and paid for.

• Financed.

• It was given to me.

• I stole it.

• I don't have one yet, saving up for it.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
After reading this add, I'm gonna start calling pyromedic the ole philosopher😁, no offense pyromedic..., Mine is financed with a excellent interest rate for a toy, I usually trade every couple years but my ranger has really grown on me, so might just keep it, my home was paid for by the time I was 40, truck and car paid for, so I don't see where it hurts to finance anything you feel comfortable paying for.

·
Registered
2015 Polaris ranger 570 XP
3,429 Posts
After reading this add, I'm gonna start calling pyromedic the ole philosopher😁, no offense pyromedic..., Mine is financed with a excellent interest rate for a toy, I usually trade every couple years but my ranger has really grown on me, so might just keep it, my home was paid for by the time I was 40, truck and car paid for, so I don't see where it hurts to finance anything you feel comfortable paying for.
No offense at all taken. By some standards, I am old at age 67, compared to my 90+ year old parents I am still fairly young; and I do have a philosophy that works, for me anyway.
To each his own. At this point in my life, after financing a home and then having it paid off and finding out just how much more expendable income that gave me I decided never to finance again. Now I use my money to earn more money for me via investments....easiest money I ever made. Example: I bought shares of Mastercard stock soon after it was an IPO. As of today I've made over 1800% on my investment just for letting it sit there. I won't say my philosophy is for everyone, free choice is what America is all about. I will say people can choose to live hand to mouth, wealthy or anywhere in between. Which is up to the individual.

Reactions: High Desert

·
Registered
84 Posts
No offense at all taken. By some standards, I am old at age 67, compared to my 90+ year old parents I am still fairly young; and I do have a philosophy that works, for me anyway.
To each his own. At this point in my life, after financing a home and then having it paid off and finding out just how much more expendable income that gave me I decided never to finance again. Now I use my money to earn more money for me via investments....easiest money I ever made. Example: I bought shares of Mastercard stock soon after it was an IPO. As of today I've made over 1800% on my investment just for letting it sit there. I won't say my philosophy is for everyone, free choice is what America is all about. I will say people can choose to live hand to mouth, wealthy or anywhere in between. Which is up to the individual.
Pyro you must be a Dave Ramsey follower. I agree with you totally. We are both the same age and you are dead right about what can happen when you don't owe anyone. The grass ever feels gooder at a paid for house, after all if you don't like it you can always go back into debt.

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Pyro you must be a Dave Ramsey follower. I agree with you totally. We are both the same age and you are dead right about what can happen when you don't owe anyone. The grass ever feels gooder at a paid for house, after all if you don't like it you can always go back into debt.
I do listen to Dave Ramsey on occasion and agree with 99% of what he says. I disagree with his take on credit cards, for myself anyway. I use my credit cards often and get 5% cash back on cards I have with no annual fee. I also pay them off at the end of the month EVERY month so I accrue no interest to be paid. In addition, my bank adds to that 5% if I transfer it to my saving account, so that's where it goes. Even at my age I still save every month, and I am still invested in stocks and a small amount of rental property. Living beneath my means has become a lifetime habit so I never have a sensation that I am sacrificing anything nor wanting for things.
Anyone who wants a stress free life, or nearly stress free need only do a few things to have it. One: live within the law. If you do you won't have to worry about legal problems 99% of the time. Two: Be genuine; don't lie, cheat or steal and treat others as you would have them treat you. That maintains a clear conscience and keeps worry about others coming after you to a minimum. Lastly, learn to live beneath your means and live debt free. Not having bills you can't pay or worrying about creditors coming after you takes a huge load off. Once you own your home it's pretty difficult for anyone to take it away from you. As long as you have a roof, and food the basic necessities of life are taken care of and worry falls to a minimum. There's nothing like waking up every morning knowing you are free of debt and that there is nothing to dread. That frame of mind leaves a lot of time and room for thought about how to deal with the other life issues you may have to confront.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I do listen to Dave Ramsey on occasion and agree with 99% of what he says. I disagree with his take on credit cards, for myself anyway. I use my credit cards often and get 5% cash back on cards I have with no annual fee. I also pay them off at the end of the month EVERY month so I accrue no interest to be paid. In addition, my bank adds to that 5% if I transfer it to my saving account, so that's where it goes. Even at my age I still save every month, and I am still invested in stocks and a small amount of rental property. Living beneath my means has become a lifetime habit so I never have a sensation that I am sacrificing anything nor wanting for things.
Anyone who wants a stress free life, or nearly stress free need only do a few things to have it. One: live within the law. If you do you won't have to worry about legal problems 99% of the time. Two: Be genuine; don't lie, cheat or steal and treat others as you would have them treat you. That maintains a clear conscience and keeps worry about others coming after you to a minimum. Lastly, learn to live beneath your means and live debt free. Not having bills you can't pay or worrying about creditors coming after you takes a huge load off. Once you own your home it's pretty difficult for anyone to take it away from you. As long as you have a roof, and food the basic necessities of life are taken care of and worry falls to a minimum. There's nothing like waking up every morning knowing you are free of debt and that there is nothing to dread. That frame of mind leaves a lot of time and room for thought about how to deal with the other life issues you may have to confront.
Somehow youngins don't get all that and choosing the easy way out.

I believe that we are the minority.

I don't see anything wrong with that.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
'18 Ranger XP1000 EPS 3-seater
190 Posts
Somehow youngins don't get all that and choosing the easy way out.

I believe that we are the minority.

I don't see anything wrong with that.

Yep you and Pyro nailed it! There's some younger "kids" at my work and they have that "entitled" attitude. The funny thing is we can all see how it is making it harder on them yet they cannot see it themselves.

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Sadly, it's not only youngins.
and

So, now you can either feel really good or really bad about your situation, but however you feel, odds are that you put yourself where you are. 99% of the time our choices are the reasons we get into whatever situation we're in, good or bad.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
15% into your 4 0 1 K kids

Yes 15%

The best loan you can borrow from yourself when/if shit hit the fan or help in getting that house.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I don't remember these words in my vocabulary when I grew up.

we earned everything and said thank you.

Never had anything brand new to show off, that's another thing we didn't have back then.

Entertainment was OUTSIDE playing with the other kids From dusk till the street light turned on, I remember all the mothers were yelling to come in for dinner and then retire to our room by 8pm on a school night.

I know it sounds weird to some of you but these were the best years for me.

·
Registered
'12 Polaris Ranger 800HD
429 Posts
I paid cash for mine, a 2012 Ranger 800HD. I came into some money. Not enough to live on for the rest of my life, but enough to pay off the mortgage, pay of bills/credit cards and have some leftover for... well, myself. Unless I hit the lottery, I knew it wasn't going to last forever. And I knew I will never have this kind of money again, and that I would still be on disability when it was all said and done.
Short story: In 2005 my Dad was in an auto accident in his '93 Lincoln MKVIII. He survived but afterwards he needed to go into a Nursing home/Rehab center. He had to build his strength back up, plus he had a Trach. in his neck that needed special care. Over the first few months we had him in two different centers. The horror stories you here about these places were true, at least in our case. On the third one, my sisters and I did a lot more research on it and visited the facility "twice". We felt confident, so it was on a Friday, the first weekend of August 2005, we admitted him. We went on Saturday to check on him. The phone and buzzer weren't operating in his room. They claimed they were being fixed. Sunday we couldn't get a hold of him or the rehab center. Monday morning my sister went up there to check on him. They claimed he was found "Unresponsive" in his room and was taken by ambulance to the hospital. They claimed they tried to notify us, but we never got a call. A few days later we had to let him go because he was brain dead from Hypoxia. To really shorten this up, we hired an attorney and he discovered that sometime Sunday night he developed a plug in his Trach.. He was unable to buzz anyone and by the time they found him it was too late. He suffered from lack of oxygen and was brain dead. I can't image how he suffered... We sued. In 2010, after several offers, we accepted a sizeable out of court settlement. After attorney fees, my Mom, two sisters and I had some money to spend. I live here with one sister in the home Dad had built in 1974. Mom passed in 2016. My other sister lives in Florida.
So, among the things I got was my 2011 F150. I special ordered her in 2010. In 2011, after I got the truck, I got a Travel Trailer because I wanted to see some sights here in the good ole USA. But with my back issues I couldn't handle it by myself. So the following summer (2012) I sold it. Only used it once here in the driveway, Lol. Once I sold it, I used that money to buy the Ranger and the trailer to tow it in. I lived on the last of the money for several years. It was exhausted in late 2018. No regrets, I just want MORE!... Lol.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts