PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We have been working on our new 3x1 hitch. And are releasing it in limited quantities for testing and evaluation.
We came up with this patent pending design after it seemed like I never had the right hitch in the Ranger for the job.
Designed to be used as a ball hitch, tongue or rescue/towing hook.
MSRP $120
T&E price $80
Plus $15 shipping.

3/16" shank with 1/4" steel hook and 3/8" steel tongue.
Seam welded construction.
We also welded in a piece of 1/4" steel into the rear of the hook for added stability and the welds smooth the square edge of the hook to keep it from wearing a strap out.
2" ball included and powder coated for extended finish life (who likes a rusty hitch anyways)

We start with the Standard 3x1 hitch and then have the ability to add mods to it.
Mods we are offering now are:

Mod 1 Extended Shank witch takes it from the standard 5" shank to 10" shank this this is helpful if you have a trailer with a mounted jack on it that would contact either the bumper or tailgate otherwise.

Mod2 Low Profile Lowering the hook in relation to the shank its self. The Standard 3x1 Hitch that has a 2" raise from the top of the shank to the bottom of the ball. With the low pro the raise goes from 2" to 0.5". So depending on your units ride height or type of trailer you use this could be a helpful mod for your application.

Mod3 Less Tongue Don't need a tongue we won't put one on it.

Mod4 Change Ball Size We will install a different size ball of your choosing ie: 1 7/8" or 2 5/16"

I have attached pictures of my personal one which has Mod1 and Mod2 on it.

Please feel free to comment or send us a PM for addition information.
To order PM us or seed me an email at [email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Please note that the hitch it the picture is not powered coated I just painted it with a spray can.
Also the the production ones the tongue will be shortened up a little.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
We have been working on our new 3x1 hitch. And are releasing it in limited quantities for testing and evaluation.
We came up with this patent pending design after it seemed like I never had the right hitch in the Ranger for the job.
Designed to be used as a ball hitch, tongue or rescue/towing hook.
MSRP $120
T&E price $80

3/16" shank with 1/4" steel hook and 3/8" steel tongue.
Seam welded construction.
We also welded in a piece of 1/4" steel into the rear of the hook for added stability and the welds smooth the square edge of the hook to keep it from wearing a strap out.
2" ball included and powder coated for extended finish life (who likes a rusty hitch anyways)

We start with the Standard 3x1 hitch and then have the ability to add mods to it.
Mods we are offering now are:

Mod 1 Extended Shank witch takes it from the standard 5" shank to 10" shank this this is helpful if you have a trailer with a mounted jack on it that would contact either the bumper or tailgate otherwise.

Mod2 Low Profile Lowering the hook in relation to the shank its self. The Standard 3x1 Hitch that has a 2" raise from the top of the shank to the bottom of the ball. With the low pro the raise goes from 2" to 0.5". So depending on your units ride height or type of trailer you use this could be a helpful mod for your application.

Mod3 Less Tongue Don't need a tongue we won't put one on it.

Mod4 Change Ball Size We will install a different size ball of your choosing ie: 1 7/8" or 2 5/16"

I have attached pictures of my personal one which has Mod1 and Mod2 on it.

Please feel free to comment or send us a PM for addition information.
To order PM us or seed me an email at [email protected]
I know you've probably done this but make sure the hitch end is longer so it sits farther back in the ranger reciever. I have a trailer hitch and you can see where mine has bent the reciever part on my ranger in the middle on top. I'm going to redrill the hole so the hitch sits farther into the reciever.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
You would come out with a badass product like this haha. I just bought a new hitch a few weeks ago. Good work!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know you've probably done this but make sure the hitch end is longer so it sits farther back in the ranger reciever. I have a trailer hitch and you can see where mine has bent the reciever part on my ranger in the middle on top. I'm going to redrill the hole so the hitch sits farther into the reciever.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
Yes we have designed it to have full engaugement of the receiver.

On a side note my ranges is bent as well. And I have been lookino into design something stronger.

·
Administrator
6,360 Posts
Receivers on the 900s seem to bend pretty easy - 800 receivers are much stronger. I like your design!!

Reactions: Toxic-21

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just purchased my 2002 6X6 and this is now on the top of my upgrade list. I'd be more than happy to drag few logs out of the woods and give it a real test.

·
Administrator
6,360 Posts
I just purchased my 2002 6X6 and this is now on the top of my upgrade list. I'd be more than happy to drag few logs out of the woods and give it a real test.
Welcome aboard, Wulver! Love it when a new member gives one of our new vendors his first PRC purchase. Keep us posted on how it works out for you!

Reactions: Naylor649

·
Registered
206 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We would like to thank all of our customers that have ordered our 3x1 hitch for being patient as we fulfill their orders.. All of the orders will be shipped today. And we will be contacting all of them individually with shipping confirmation and tracing number when they get shipped.

Thanks
Allan Evans

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Allan, great product. In your second post, you said the tongue would be shortened up a bit. The ball on a short hitch, when installed on my Ranger, is under the bed, and limits the turning radius of my wider trailers. Perhaps, making the tongue length an option would be befenical to some customers. Good luck.:eagerness:

·
Administrator
6,360 Posts
Allan, great product. In your second post, you said the tongue would be shortened up a bit. The ball on a short hitch, when installed on my Ranger, is under the bed, and limits the turning radius of my wider trailers. Perhaps, making the tongue length an option would be befenical to some customers. Good luck.:eagerness:
I had the same problem, Jim. Had to get a hitch extender. Works OK but the downside is that it reduces the tongue weight capacity SIGNIFICANTLY!
hitch.jpg

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Natethedog: Just so we are sure we are using the same terminology I am going to attach a picture with labels on it just to make sure we are in the same page. The reason for shorting the tounge was after several hours of testing we noticed that the tounge had the potintial to gouge the ground while backing down a very steep hill. Of course my rig exaggerates this by being a crew and the hitch I use has the extended shank on it. My main goal with this hitch was for the customer to leave it in all of the time so it was there when you needed it.

Fswan: You pretty much hit the nail on the head. The extended shank helps with a lot of stuff the top two are probably. Making it easier to hook and unhook a trailer and keeping a mounted jack like my trailer has away from my bumper. The down side is increased leverage on the hitch when using it as a rescue hitch and as you pointed out increased "tounge" weight.
The standard shank is better for every day riding and if you will utilize the hook feature of the hitch more than anything else.

I am going to try and get some photos of the all of the different mods later this weekend.

Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This is a mock up of the standard shank and standard height hitch. I had my son hold a square on the bumper to give an idea of how inset it was. My bumper is about 1 inch farther back than the tailgate. (Also notice the shortened tongue vs the tongue in the first pics)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts