PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Polaris ranger 570 XP
3,704 Posts
After seeing your post I checked out theri web site and some videos. It turns out that there are a few manufacturers of exhaust silencers in addition to this one. I'll be following responses to your question to learn whether these things really work and whether they are worth the money.

·
Registered
'12 Polaris Ranger 800HD
444 Posts
I have the Kolpin exhaust silencer on my '12 800HD. Its been on it since new. I can't really say how well it works by comparing it to how it sounded without it because it was installed by the dealer when I ordered the Ranger. But, what I can say, is that my sisters Yamaha 4 wheeler is much louder. I have a friend who has a Yamaha Rhino. It's much louder than my 800. Also, I've stood behind it several times while my sister and brother in law took it for a ride. 30' away I barely heard it. I've asked them to listen for me as I approached thru the woods, and they said they heard the sqweeks and sqwauks long before they even saw me, and it wasn't until I was almost upon them that they heard it. Of course that's all subjective. As far as robbing power, I have no idea. It moves quite well when I stomp on it...Hope that helps a little.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I've often wondered if they work. I hope more people chime in with their experience.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a 2015 full size 570. I put on one of these because they are much louder than the 900s. The silencer muffler worked very well, Just guessing , but I'm pretty sure it reduced the noisy 570 by at least 50%.I have noticed no reduction in power. It's the only way to reduce the excessive noise of the 570 engines. Mines been on for 4 years, and wouldn't be without it. And very easy to install. The only drawback is when the bed tilts, it will hit the muffler before it gets to full dump. I just don't let the bed down hard, so it rests on the muffler guard. They are stout, and it hasn't dented or scratched it yet.

·
Registered
22 Posts
It helps for sure. I take it off during the off season. Put it back on when it's time to hunt. I feel like it knocks power down a little but im not a speed racer. And my Dogs are thankful for it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The only drawback is when the bed tilts, it will hit the muffler before it gets to full dump. I just don't let the bed down hard, so it rests on the muffler guard. They are stout, and it hasn't dented or scratched it yet.
I emailed the company and since I have an aftermarket bumper that hangs down lower than the stock muffler they're telling me that my bumper is going to hit the silencer.
I guess I am just going to deal with the noise.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts