PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have a heater, get one of these. I didn't have to trim anything for it to fit. Not sure if it was designed a little different or what. I know other guys had to, but mine was fine. The hose is touching the fin on the transmission and I hope that won't be an issue. I'm now producing heat at 140 degrees as opposed to 185 when the thermostat opened. I'm also getting more heat at the same engine temps.

Reactions: mustangwagz

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got mine from mustangwagz

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
sorry i aint got anymore. sold like hot cakes. haha. lucked into a few at a super cheap price. Heatercraft is the only company i know of that sells these. WOT accessories used to sell em but im not sure they still do.

·
Registered
236 Posts
If you have a heater, get one of these. I didn't have to trim anything for it to fit. Not sure if it was designed a little different or what. I know other guys had to, but mine was fine. The hose is touching the fin on the transmission and I hope that won't be an issue. I'm now producing heat at 140 degrees as opposed to 185 when the thermostat opened. I'm also getting more heat at the same engine temps.
I had to trim my fin as the hose just wouldn't slip on and I was worried it would tweak it enough to not seal up when I tightened the bolts down.

·
Super Moderator
6,840 Posts
One other thing to do, when you install the thermostat bypass, is to also install a shutoff valve at the bypass (or inline) to the heater, so you do not have hot water circulating through the heatercore.This will help cut down on the warm air inside the cab during the summertime. With the diverter closed and the shutoff valve closed you will get alot less warm air in the cab.

·
Registered
207 Posts
does anyone have a part number or know where I can get one???

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That looks like it. I only paid $50 for mine but mustangwagz only had a limited number.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I bought a small one on eBay by mistake,

I need the big one instead. If anyone needs a small one I will sell it for $50 bucks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
I bought a small one on eBay by mistake,

I need the big one instead. If anyone needs a small one I will sell it for $50 bucks.
Throw the gasket in the garbage...thats not needed and will confuse the crap outta ppl. OR make sure ya explain that thast not used if the thermostat has a sealing ring on it. Surprised ya found a small one ebay! but thats good! hopefully someone makes these things and starts selling them cheaper. This small one will fit the 400, 500, and i think the 570? The 700, 800 and 900 take the large ones.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Question: I live in Northern Canada with heavy, dense woods. In warmer weather while crawling thru these forested areas at low speed would you not suffer from overheating?
I'm thinking the thermostat bypass does not allow enough of a delay to

1) allow the fan & rad to adequately remove the heat from the coolant as it passes thru the radiator
2) allow the coolant to adequately absorb heat from the engine

I'm thinking the temp of the coolant from the rad to the engine would be lower than the avg 140Deg reported as it has a longer amount of time to cool as it sits in the rad as the OEM thermostat remains closed?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have a shutoff on the bypass. When warmer weather comes around, I close it and the machine operates as normal. I haven't had any issues with the machine not getting up to temperature. Most of the time I'm in the 160-180 range with it reaching near 200 while I'm plowing. That being said, almost all of my driving is low speed. Some people have just restricted the airflow to the radiator to raise the temps a bit.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
i dont do anything outta the ordinary and have no issues? my heater is hooked up and is always flowing unless i shut the valve on it. the bypass block doesnt hurt anything or effect the motor or radiators performance. The bypass is simply for cab heating purpose. it keeps a constant supply of hot coolant at the heater core so you achieve better, more even heat regardless of riding conditions.

·
Registered
195 Posts
It should fit the 500... i may in the near future have some more for the big machines. I got a lead on some..
Please keep me in mind !!! If they are the price you had before it would be worth it to try !!!! Cardboard in front of the radiator works well but if this is better ............

1 - 20 of 38 Posts