PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Winter coming soon , fix my tracks next week , I have ranger xp 900 2013 , the running temp was 170deg. on plane road if not work , the heater temp. to cold , get up hill it get hot , did you think change the thermostat will help to keep temp. steady ?

·
Registered
123 Posts
I am not sure if Polaris sold another thermostat, and I'm not sure if this info. applies, but you may want to check the thread "thermostat bypass". With the bypass installed the guys are getting much quicker and more consistent heat. Wish I'd seen this thread before I installed my heater. I am thinking about adding the bypass when I can. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
I don't think that Polaris offers a different temp thermostat, but you could match one up at the auto parts store. However as mentioned above, I would do the bypass instead of changing the thermostsat. I think you'll be happier with the results.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Happy to try to help out.
If you do decide to install the bypass I'd appreciate knowing where you get it from, especialy if you buy it in Canada instead of from the US (just sometimes saves on shipping, duty etc.), thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts