PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering going to a 4 door Rubicon as I am selling my cabin and do not have an offgrid/remote location that calls for a UTV.

I am thinking about selling but I know the market can be soft or finicky.

I would like some help figuring out a fair to both sides and marketable price for this machine if anyone would care to chime in:

2016 Ranger Crew 900XP
1100 miles
Aluminum roof (locally fabbed)
SSS full UMHV skids
Polaris roll bar type double rifle mount with one Kolpin Scabbard
Denali Plow and mount
Viper 4500 winch
Polaris glass tipout windshield
brush guard
26" Bighorn 2.0's with lots of tread left
2" Hilifter lift
Extra Gates belt and all of the stuff for an oil/belt/plug/filter change

Overall in great condition

·
Registered
175 Posts
Shop some used ones locally to get an idea...also social media like craigslist etc.

I would get it posted down south also because they're hard to find here in texas unless trashed out.

I will say folks will travel to get one that's in good shape and reasonable. I agree the 70 to 75 percent price sounds fair for machine...I would say more like 50 percent for add ons.

Mine has 1100 hours which is around 15000 miles to give you an idea. Got it from my brother who was only being offered 3k by dealer on trade in so I jumped up.

Dealerships dont offer near the value.....sorry to hear of cabin sell also.

You may even kick it around with the auto dealer on the rubicon....you never know but they can shop it on their auction network and may find buyer that way once you cypher your desired price.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cabin sell is not a bad thing, difficult access, owned with former employer so had to ditch anyhow after I resigned. Already have my eye on another piece of land but this one has fantastic Lake City/Silverton Jeep trail accessibility so don't really need Ranger.

I am getting a couple of offers around $13,500 and I got all of the accessories at far less than dealer retail and bought the machine itself used with a few hundred miles on it, cash for a pretty OK price. I would say I am in it $16K MAX?

Just sold my house too, which I used it for "compound duties" but building another on bigger acreage so a tractor is in my future.

The TX idea is not a bad one.....I grew up in S TX, I may reach out to some people!

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I have checked out the used market in south TX(Rio Grande Valley) and basically near zero used. If something is within 200 miles it disappears pretty quick. San Antonio

·
Registered
137 Posts
If you are into it at 16K and have an offer at 13,500, I’d take it while the offer is still there. There may be more competition for the new property as it warms up.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Hmmm
13.5 on my hands vs. 16 in the shed

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
306 Posts
West central Texas here. Just had a customer drop off a 17 900 crew for me to go over. She bought it sight unseen and drove two hours one way to get it. It was posted for one day before she bought it. Don't know what she paid, not my place to ask.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
I had a customer here the other day with a 2019 Jeep Rubicon that he bought right at Christmas time 2018 he said. It was two door like a CJ7 that I've owned several. I said I know no one ever pays sticker price but 'what' was the sticker price ? $53,000. he replied.
If I ever pay $53,000. for a jeep someone please put a bullet in me as I've lost my mind.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts