PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning guys, well , we,re up to 44" so far in the western u.p. and thinking about a set a of tracks. BUT, does a track system void the polaris drive train warranty? A buddy has polaris tracks and has smoked a belt, and has had some noise issues, not normal. How hard are tracks on the drive of a Polaris 900 2013, 2014 ? Were they're any changes in the drives between the two years. Thanks in advance for any in put. Off to shovel deck. ;-))

·
Registered
175 Posts
Recently been on a brand new 900 crew with Polaris tracks, and been in the mud for a week... other than slinging mud and dust EVERYWHERE (inside cab, on top of the cab, all of the nooks and crannies of the engine compartment) - I thought to myself, these would be really great in the snow they were designed for...
But I don't get much snow down here... I can't see any really bad stress unless your "dogging it" around in turns in 4wd... or putting it in turf saver and stressing the rear diff. My 2 cents.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have tracks on a 2011 Ranger 800 and use them every fall and winter, I wouldn't go without them anymore, as you I am in the western UP, also Crystal Falls, to be exact. Been running my tracks this year since last week of October. Never had any problems with machine caused by tracks. I also run a moto alliance plow on the ranger with the tracks, and let me tell you, it will move some snow, I opened up a couple camp road for this deer season, otherwise wouldn't of been able to get the trucks into camp! Any questions let me know!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Ive had camoplasts on my 2013 xp 900 all last winter and just put them back on yesterday for this winter. I haven't had any kind of problems with my machine--also have a few friends with the same and they have no problems either.
One thing to really watch is the huge diff in price from place to place. Cycle North (Polaris) in PG wanted $6000, and I had a local guy (Outdoor Adventures) order them for me for $4500

·
Registered
94 Posts
Tracks do not void the warranty, at least with my dealer. Didn't with my Yamaha Grizzly either. Always keep it in low unless you want to burn belts...

They work great:)

IMG_0033.jpg IMG_0037.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts