PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says, I'm thinking about upgrading, and I have a few questions. I currently have a '17 570 Mid, and I'm thinking about upgrading to a 1000. Will my current 14" wheels fit on a 1000? Who else has upgraded and wished they didn't? What should i expect, realistically, from a dealer for my 570 as a trade-in. It has around 120ish hours and 750ish miles on it. It will have the factory wheels and tires with maybe 10 miles on them, a top, front and rear windows, and a winch. I'm gonna take the lift and aftermarket wheels and tires off if they will fit the 1000.

The main reason I'm leaning that way is when we go to our hunting lease, its a tight fit with my Dad and son in the 570, and my son is only gonna get bigger.

Posted in the General Discussion Page also...

Thanks in Advance

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Here are few things to consider.

- I doubt the lift or any mid-570 specific accessories will transfer to the 1000. They are two completely different platforms.
- The 1000 has a much wider stance. Make sure your trailer is wide enough to haul it.
- The wheels may fit but you'll need lug nuts. The studs on the 1000 are bigger.
- I have the new 1000 and with my wife, son, and myself it is tight. I'm 6' 3" 275lbs, he is 10 yrs old, she is 5' 4" 115lbs. You may want to consider a crew but the turning radius suffers.
- No idea on trade-in value. One thing you may want to do is hang on to the 570 for your son. If my 10 yr old son had his own, we'd both be happier.

I mostly use my 1000 for the hunting camp too.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for replying...
I did do a little digging, and the lift will fit. Its an MMA and their website says all Polaris models.
I'm good on trailers.
Yup, confirmed with dealership today, just need to get the 12mm nuts vs the 3/8" on the 570Mid. He said wheels "should" fit.
As much as I'd love to keep it, I really don't have the room for 2 SxSs and a 4 wheeler in the garage. Push come to shove, Dad can ride the 4-Wheeler. This is dependent on trade allowance from the dealer to though. Lower than I think it should be, and I'll just sell it outright to someone at the club.
The extra load capacity on the 1000 is another plus.

·
Registered
981 Posts
If you have struts on your 570....which i think the midsize does. The lift isn't going to work.

·
Registered
61 Posts
My Polaris dealer gave me a good trade price on a 5 year old 570 Sportsman. Within $1000 of what I paid new. I do take care of my stuff though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you have struts on your 570....which i think the midsize does. The lift isn't going to work.

I stand corrected. Thanks for making me question what I read. I went back to the MMA website and looked again. Guess I will be leaving the lift on there..

·
Registered
16 Posts
My Polaris dealer gave me a good trade price on a 5 year old 570 Sportsman. Within $1000 of what I paid new. I do take care of my stuff though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thats a helluva deal. a week or so ago i was at the dealership and got a quote for a trade on a northstar edition (i have an '18 900xp with eps and the glass tip out windshield that i bought at said dealer a year ago) he wanted to ding me to the tune of about 2.5-3k iirc... i wasn't particularly impressed.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Your doing the right thing you'll love the 1000 over the 570, the wheels should bolt up almost all newer Rangers use the same bolt pattern as for the lift I have a hard time believing it will fit, the suspension on the new 1000 is completely different.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Your doing the right thing you'll love the 1000 over the 570, the wheels should bolt up almost all newer Rangers use the same bolt pattern as for the lift I have a hard time believing it will fit, the suspension on the new 1000 is completely different.
Yeah, I left the lift on the 570. Found out this weekend that I could have sold it to a guy in our hunting club that's wanting to lift his 570 Mid-Crew.

This 1000 is a beast compared to the 570 I had. The engine braking is awesome. I will definitely be saving money by not buying brakes on this rig. I can come down "most" of our hills in HI and it will hold back, where I had to drop to LOW and ride the brakes and feather the throttle to hold back the 570.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts