PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 570 that I bought last year and I'm very happy with it, a friend of mine is considering the etx which I think is the 400 with fi. does anyone have one and what do you think of it? How do they compare to the 570 on the trails? I think his mane reason for going that route is because its about $1200 less than the 570.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I bought one about 6 weeks ago for use on my farm. Replaced my ATV of 15 years. My reasons were similar to your friends. Only difference between this and the 570 is 31 vs 44hp and it doesn't have Turf Mode, which would enable only one wheel to spin vs two and would make it easier on the lawn, which I don't spend a lot of time on. Top speed is still around 40 mph and I don't plan to race or ever go that fast. I'm still in the break in period but think it's a great unit. I continue to tinker and customize.

·
Registered
973 Posts
I have a 570 that I bought last year and I'm very happy with it, a friend of mine is considering the etx which I think is the 400 with fi. does anyone have one and what do you think of it? How do they compare to the 570 on the trails? I think his mane reason for going that route is because its about $1200 less than the 570.
Great to see DaleH jump in here with direct experience and like you, I have a 570. According to the Polaris page, specs are very similar between the two units (570 vs. ETX), which is impressive itself given the fact it has 70% (31/44) of the horsepower of a 570.

·
Registered
103 Posts
It is actual a 325 or 332 something like that its under 400cc, I drove one and was impressed but concerned if pushing 44 hp out of that small a motor if it holds together

·
Registered
973 Posts
It is actual a 325 or 332 something like that its under 400cc, I drove one and was impressed but concerned if pushing 44 hp out of that small a motor if it holds together
The 570 is the 44 hp unit. As a copy/paste from Polaris "The NEW RANGER ETX ProStar sports a 31 hp engine is purpose built, tuned and designed around the demands of a hard day’s work – resulting in an optimal balance of smooth, reliable power to help you get the job done. NEW! Electronic Fuel Injection allows for dependable cold-weather start"

·
Registered
891 Posts
Well it actually outputs 31 HP and this is a product of the incredible efficiency of the Prostar design! 31 HP from 332CC would be just under 1 HP per 10 CC while the 1K Rzr motor outputs 110 HP per 999 CC which is OVER 1HP per 10 CC!!!
I haven't owned an ETX but I did own a 400 Ranger for over 4 years that put out 28 HP. That little machine was incredible and always answered the bell! Given the new design of the engine and tranny along with the new engine positioning I can only think this will be another stellar little machine that will serve it's owners even better then the 400 HO did!
Tell your buddy to pull the trigger and don't listen to all the naysayers!
Better to be out on the trails in a machine you can afford then to be sitting on the couch wishing you had a 900!

Cheers

Reactions: fswan

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
My local dealer has the 570 for $8500 and the ETX for $7750.
My other nearest local volume dealer is 570 for $8594 and ETX for $7794.

For $750 the Turf Mode wins if I was buying.

·
Registered
103 Posts
The 570 is the 44 hp unit. As a copy/paste from Polaris "The NEW RANGER ETX ProStar sports a 31 hp engine is purpose built, tuned and designed around the demands of a hard day’s work – resulting in an optimal balance of smooth, reliable power to help you get the job done. NEW! Electronic Fuel Injection allows for dependable cold-weather start"
Sorry ALLOUTDOORS I wrote 44 and yes its 31 and I knew as I own a 400 and knew it was couple HP more than the old 400. that should have checked what I wrote before typing

·
Registered
181 Posts
$1200 is very little difference between the two, I personally own a 570 and I'm very happy with it. I never considered the 400 at my time of purchase, I guess it was because I wanted a Crew model. If I didn't want a Crew, I still would have purchased a 570 over the 400. I've never looked at the 400 vs. 570 specs, but I would think that for the $1200 differences the 570 is the better buy, but it comes down to what works for you.

John

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Yeah for 1200 you might as well get a 570. You get more hp, guage cluster, and turf mode.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Gauge cluster is same as the 570. Only difference is the hp and turf mode. I'm not racing out on the trails, don't use it on the golf course, and $1200 relative to the total cost of the unit was a big deal to me. If the engine holds up for the long haul, this will be a winner IMO.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm a bit confused on the 570 full size - everything I've read says its a mid size with exactly the same frame as the ETX. In fact, the owners manual is the same for both units and distinguishs the few differences pointed out above. Also, uses all the same accessories, like cab systems. Polaris' site lists the ETX at $8700 and the 570 at $10,000. I had a hard time finding an ETX and had to get via dealer transfer. Only explanation I can think of for $750 price difference is dealer overstock on the 570's and their willing to discount from the ETX. If I could have gotten a 570 for $9k or less, would have jumped on it. Couldn't get anyone in my area to come down that much.

·
Registered
973 Posts
I'm unsure of the price difference but the midsize is smaller and very similar to the unit you are referring. Additionally, they are using the same power plant and produce a full size.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Some dealers are selling the full size 570 for hundreds cheaper than the mid size 570. Also when the 2014 400ho Rangers were getting blown out some dealers were selling them as low as 6499. Insane prices. Either way you go what ever you decide wi be a top notch machine that will last you along time with proper care and maintenance

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.