PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Vendor
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thunderhawk has just released two new rear hitches for the RZR XP 1000. Both utilize Thunderhawk’s double-shear mounting design (similar to our XP 900 hitches). One hitch features a high-mount hitch tube for unobstructed access to the transmission fill/level plug, but does not fit with the Polaris rear bumpers. The second hitch is a two-piece design that fits with the Polaris rear bumpers. This second hitch uses a double-shear plate mounted to the frame (for strength and radius rod mounting) and a removable hitch plate (for easier removal when servicing the vehicle).

Here's the first hitch (does NOT fit with Polaris bumper):

PZ2948-102_500.jpg

Here's the second hitch (fits with Polaris bumper):

PZ2815-202_500.jpg

Both hitches are now on our website, with full descriptions and more photos. We will be getting better photos in early January. The lighting for some of these photos was not good, causing the colors to look “off”. The colors available are black, red and orange, to match the Polaris colors.

Here’s a link to these hitches on our website: http://www.thunderhawkperformance.com/rzr-xp-1000-1/

·
Registered
28,607 Posts
Those look sharp Harry!

·
Rally Committee
3,020 Posts
Very nice Harry

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
As always, great work Harry.

If I had the Polaris bumper, I think that I'd modify it (relocate the cross brace) to acomodate the hitch rather than removing both every time I had to service it.

·
Vendor
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, guys.

You know, I expect that quite a few people will buy the regular hitch and then cut out the cross-brace on the bumper. But, we also have people who don't have too many tools or much time and just want a part that bolts-on.

Just to be clear, the bumper does not need to be removed to pull the hitch plate off. The hitch plate un-bolts from the double-shear support plate and is removed for service.

Harry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts