PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This section has been a little dead since this new machine arrived so let's see what we can do about that! I'm going Friday morning to pick up a RZR XP4 1000, Titanium color and will be adding some accessories to it and posting the build info here. There will be several items that may be of interest to those of you with this machine. So, it's about time to crank up the party machine and let the good times roll!! :tears_of_joy:

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. I'm sure it fits ok in your enclosed trailer? You should head up here to East TN. to do some testing.

·
Registered
18,494 Posts
This is going to be fun!! Thanks for bringing us along on the ride, Bruce..:)

·
Registered
24,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Paul, yep, the machine will fit fine but I'm thinking we won't have room for the 170 unless it fits sideways. I do have the caster trays to give that a whirl though, they work great in the garage for moving it around. But, with this beast, you really don't need the 170.

I would love to head up that way Paul. Emily is out the rest of the year and Trigette finishes up tomorrow. We'll see what we can do. I'm thinking cheer stuff is going to mess us up though.

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
........You should head up here to East TN to do some testing.
Ditto. We need to do a drag race comparison so I can justify a new one to the wife...........mmmmmm, I meant so all of the PRC members can have a fair and unbiased test.:biggrin:

·
Registered
24,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The hardest part is gonna be to keep my foot out of it for the proper break in. Apparently, from all the things I have read, break in on these is much more critical. I have been hammering the others pretty much from the git go!! We'll see how long I can last before I say the heck with it!! I sure hope the bent shock issue has been resolved along with a few more teething problems. From what I have read, the shock shafts were not hard enough and that is what led to all the pretzel bent shafts. We shall see I suppose.

Jerry, I'll do my best to help you convince the wife!! :triumphant: If it is like the current 900, I'll swear, it didn't feel nowhere near as strong as the units Randy and I drove in the desert. But, after I got over 5 hours on it, the thing just started running like mad, felt like the desert one I drove. I don't know if there is a pre-programmed delay on timing and fuel until a certain number of hours or not, but something changed. It felt like a different machine. We'll see if this 1000 behaves the same. But, I have never even sat in a 1000, much less driven one.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Bruce, I'll be heading down to Florida for Christmas. I'll be back after the New Year, maybe we can get together along with Jerry for a ride sometime after that.

·
Registered
24,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds good Paul. Dang, Florida this time of year sounds nice!!!

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Sounds good Paul. Dang, Florida this time of year sounds nice!!!
Yuck, to warm for me. I tolerated it for 46 years when I lived there. We just go down to see family for Christmas, and occasional visits throughout the year. Give me the cold any time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts