PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
While installing the tip out windshield on my 2014 900 Crew, we were seeing the same issue with things being slightly out of square. My Ranger is now at the dealership because this is a known issue on 2014's. This is Polaris Warranty work and the Ranger will go to an autobody shop to have the roll cage squared up. I will post more info when I hear back from the dealer.

·
Super Moderator
6,742 Posts
My buddy just bought a 14 ranger 900 with same tip out windshield as mine his has a rubber grommet in both closed position and partially open position!
Polaris part# 5439914(old), this is the latch handle for the early model tip out glass windshields (could also be using this same handle on the poly, but I did not research that) with only one grommet, for the vent position. This part has been substituted by Polaris part# 5451292(new). This handle has grommets in both closed and vent position. Cost apprx $18.

Thanks Rockett, I would not have looked this up if it wasn't for your post.

·
Registered
20 Posts
While installing the tip out windshield on my 2014 900 Crew, we were seeing the same issue with things being slightly out of square. My Ranger is now at the dealership because this is a known issue on 2014's. This is Polaris Warranty work and the Ranger will go to an autobody shop to have the roll cage squared up. I will post more info when I hear back from the dealer.
Update: The roll cage was squared up by the dealer and now the tip-out windshield fits squarely and latches correctly; crisis averted.

·
Registered
748 Posts
My buddy bought a 14 900 dealer had to change side frame and roll cage from being out of square he wasn't happy about the whole thing so he sold it waited a month went and had a 15 900 in make ready he took measurements and it out of square also dealer told him they don't know how many where welded wrong and shipped out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
75 Posts
So I bought the new handle and grommet for the closed position, but it appears now that the stud isnt long enought to pop into the new grommet. My stud is just a piece of steel welded to a flat piece of steel screwed to the machine. I looked at the one my dealer has, and his stud looks like it has a brass nut on the bottom of the stud so it can be adjusted? But the dealer's stud seemed too short as well, as their stud wasn't long enough to go into the grommet either.

Is there a new stud as well?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just installed on a 2015 XP900, I added a couple of washers, the dash bows up and it unlatches when closing the doors due to air pressure. The stud needs to be 1/4" longer....

·
Registered
307 Posts
I am working on installing my new tilt out glass on my 2015 570 FS and have a question. There are two plastic chins molded on the cowel for the windshield I would assume. Does the tilt out rest on the chin or above it? If properly fit how much of a compression should the window be under when locked closed? Thx!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Thx for the info. After some adjusting I have it above the chins. To me the locking mechanism seems it could have been better thought out. Mine does not put much of a compression on the seal and it's as far back ( towards the seats) you can go. Am I missing something or is it pretty much slightly compress when closed?

·
Super Moderator
6,742 Posts
Thx for the info. After some adjusting I have it above the chins. To me the locking mechanism seems it could have been better thought out. Mine does not put much of a compression on the seal and it's as far back ( towards the seats) you can go. Am I missing something or is it pretty much slightly compress when closed?
Can you post a pic of your windshield post Assy, Polaris came out with an updated version, I am wanting to see if your windshield came with it.

·
Registered
236 Posts
It's just slightly compressed you really don't want it too tight that roll cage flexes a little.
Originally it wanst meant to latch closed only partway open and they didnt even have a grommet in the closed position, although you can sort of fit one in there. My 13 is like this and it works fine, no issues.

·
Super Moderator
6,742 Posts
Originally it wanst meant to latch closed only partway open and they didnt even have a grommet in the closed position, although you can sort of fit one in there. My 13 is like this and it works fine, no issues.
Polaris has a new handle and latching post Assy that is available, if you would like to update yours.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Can you post a pic of your windshield post Assy, Polaris came out with an updated version, I am wanting to see if your windshield came with it.

I am positive its the new brace as I have not seen anything like it in any picture, even the instructions were using a different brace. Just a pin came with unit which I have to use washers on which seems to be the same issue with everyone else on the old style. The latch has rubber grommets in both holes too. Will get pics before I put dash top back on which will be tomorrow probably.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I've got the tip out pro fit on my 15 crew, Dealer installed. My latch post isn't vertical, has a slight lean to one side. Looks like I might have some adjustment to do?

Have you guys run with the glass completely in the up position, held by the gas struts? Tonight I was going down a grass covered road with dandelions in bloom. As the front arms would hit the blossoming dandelions, the fuzz would circle right around and enter the cab area. As soon as I lifted the windshield into full open position, I didn't have any problems with them blowing in. This would be pretty much the same with experiencing dust, just the dandelions gave a better visual of what was happening.

I was wondering if this is built strong enough to ride with windshield fully open? I realize I wouldn't want to do it with low hanging tree branches, heavily rutted trails or full speed the entire time. But riding on smooth trails, do you see a problem?

·
Super Moderator
6,742 Posts
I am positive its the new brace as I have not seen anything like it in any picture, even the instructions were using a different brace. Just a pin came with unit which I have to use washers on which seems to be the same issue with everyone else on the old style. The latch has rubber grommets in both holes too. Will get pics before I put dash top back on which will be tomorrow probably.
Sounds like you do have the new handle assembly, but the old style latch pin. Is your latch pin Assy adjustable? Up and Down.

·
Super Moderator
6,742 Posts
I've got the tip out pro fit on my 15 crew, Dealer installed. My latch post isn't vertical, has a slight lean to one side. Looks like I might have some adjustment to do?
That sounds like your dealer bent the pin mounting bracket to compensate for your rollcage not being square.

Have you guys run with the glass completely in the up position, held by the gas struts? Tonight I was going down a grass covered road with dandelions in bloom. As the front arms would hit the blossoming dandelions, the fuzz would circle right around and enter the cab area. As soon as I lifted the windshield into full open position, I didn't have any problems with them blowing in. This would be pretty much the same with experiencing dust, just the dandelions gave a better visual of what was happening.
Yes, I run a lot with my windshield in the open position, just keep a check on the gas struts. If they get weak, the possibility of the windshield slamming shut and busting becomes greater.

I was wondering if this is built strong enough to ride with windshield fully open? I realize I wouldn't want to do it with low hanging tree branches, heavily rutted trails or full speed the entire time. But riding on smooth trails, do you see a problem?
There is no problem running with it open on relatively smooth surfaces. I have not had a problem yet.

·
Registered
307 Posts
This is a 2015 570 FS and brand new OEM tilt out glass windshield. FYI I used a sleeve to increase height of pin. Some used washers but I felt this gives it a cleaner look.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

21 - 40 of 41 Posts