PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a stock ‘16 Ranger XP900. Want to use stock wheels (12”) front & rear. I know front wheels will fit on rear. Want to be able to rotate tires as we use Ranger around town, at ranch & off road. Have found a good deal on a set of 27X9R12 M1 Evil tires. Anyone out there using this size tire with stock wheels as described? Thanks!

·
Registered
2015 Polaris ranger 570 XP
3,597 Posts
I was considering doing this on my 2015 Ranger 570 Full Size (XP). Based upon my research there are only two options:
1) Buy two new front wheels and tires that fit front wheels and run front wheels on all four. The problem with this is that running wide tires on narrow wheels leads to high wear in the center of the tire as well as difficulty in mounting tires to wheels.
2) Buy 4 aftermarket wheels with more offset to the outside to obtain enough wheel width to run wider tires. The downside of this is that the wheels will extend out past the sides of the vehicle making it require slightly wider trails and more dirt/mud will be thrown up on the sides of the vehicle.
At the time I was considering this no company made wheels with the proper offset to fit my Ranger's bolt pattern and wheel stud size. There was one company that was in the process of making the wheels I needed in steel (which was my preference) but they hadn't put them in production at that time (about a year ago).

More info that may not be applicable to you:
I wanted to rotate my tires because I was having excess wear on the outside of the front tires due to too much positive camber. I overcame the problem by installing SATV "A" arms which allow camber adjustment and in addition provide more ground clearance beneath the "A" arms due to an arch made in the arms. The price was about the same as wheels would have been and it solves my tire wear problem so I still run my stock steel wheels with a slightly taller tire (27")

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was considering doing this on my 2015 Ranger 570 Full Size (XP). Based upon my research there are only two options:
1) Buy two new front wheels and tires that fit front wheels and run front wheels on all four. The problem with this is that running wide tires on narrow wheels leads to high wear in the center of the tire as well as difficulty in mounting tires to wheels.
2) Buy 4 aftermarket wheels with more offset to the outside to obtain enough wheel width to run wider tires. The downside of this is that the wheels will extend out past the sides of the vehicle making it require slightly wider trails and more dirt/mud will be thrown up on the sides of the vehicle.
At the time I was considering this no company made wheels with the proper offset to fit my Ranger's bolt pattern and wheel stud size. There was one company that was in the process of making the wheels I needed in steel (which was my preference) but they hadn't put them in production at that time (about a year ago).

I wanted to rotate my tires because I was having excess wear on the outside of the front tires due to too much positive camber. I overcame the problem by installing SATV "A" arms which allow camber adjustment and in addition provide more ground clearance beneath the "A" arms due to an arch made in the arms. The price was about the same as wheels would have been and it solves my tire wear problem so I still run my stock steel wheels with a slightly taller tire (27")

Thanks Pyromedic, great information!!!

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Kanati Mongrel tires are also a great all round tire. The ride good on the black top or trails an last a long time.

Reactions: sandhiller

·
Registered
3 Posts
Kanati Mongrel tires are also a great all round tire. The ride good on the black top or trails an last a long time.
These will get you through greasy mud and snow. They really shine in sand. Good ride and control on hard pack. They are wearing very well at 14psi.
Wish I had these on since new. Great tire. I quit looking for anything better for a good all around every day tire.
ranger 2 (2).jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts