PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What’s everyone’s opinion on the best all around tires? Going with a 2.5 MMA lift with 28s on my 2020 Ranger 1000, but I’m really having a tough time finding a good all around tire. Something that will hook decent in the mud but also trail ride good.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
C, I've had a few sets of different tires under my Rangers over the years. So far, Original kenda bearclaws, itp mud lites, Tusk trilobites...a maxxis bighorn knockoff and a set of actual a/t truck tires. I've come to find I like the ride of an actual all around tire more than a mud specific tire. And honestly, unless you play in some serious mud. The switch on the dash for all wheel drive will get you out of a sticky situation quite handily. The new set I just bought, I believe I've got the best of both worlds. Maxxis carnivores fit the bill for me with smooth ride and excellent traction for anything that I may come across.

But...it really depends on what type of terrain YOU ride in and what your going to do with your machine.

Reactions: Gtorq21

·
Registered
81 Posts
What’s everyone’s opinion on the best all around tires? Going with a 2.5 MMA lift with 28s on my 2020 Ranger 1000, but I’m really having a tough time finding a good all around tire. Something that will hook decent in the mud but also trail ride good.
Man were in the same boat. Still deciding on tires myself and size for that matter 28s or 30s. I also have the mma lift for my machine (not installed yet). Through my own research, types of terrain/trails and ride I'm looking to achieve this is what ive come up with and maybe it can help you. First off 8ply all the way and preferably a radial. For me I'm looking at the carnivores, system 3 xtr370 and I just literally stumbled across the efx motoravage but don't know much on that tire nor do they give alot of info on there website. If I were to go with 28 over the 30 I would like the tire to come as close to an actual 28" measurement as possible while mounted on machine. But I'm still researching real world measurements.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
C, I've had a few sets of different tires under my Rangers over the years. So far, Original kenda bearclaws, itp mud lites, Tusk trilobites...a maxxis bighorn knockoff and a set of actual a/t truck tires. I've come to find I like the ride of an actual all around tire more than a mud specific tire. And honestly, unless you play in some serious mud. The switch on the dash for all wheel drive will get you out of a sticky situation quite handily. The new set I just bought, I believe I've got the best of both worlds. Maxxis carnivores fit the bill for me with smooth ride and excellent traction for anything that I may come across.

But...it really depends on what type of terrain YOU ride in and what your going to do with your machine.

Honestly we have a little bit of everything here. Hard pack (which is the majority), some mud holes, rocky sections and some sand. I just want a tire that’s going to perform in all sections and still ride good

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
FWIW, I did a lot of research a while back when I was looking for tires. Disclaimer: I don't ride mud. During my research time and again Maxxis Bighorn came up for all around use including mud and good tread wear. I didn't get Bighorns becasue i don't do mud, as previously mentioned and have no experience with them. I ended up with Maxxis Ceros which are more like an AT truck tire, becasue I run more pavement and hard pack than anything else.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Honestly we have a little bit of everything here. Hard pack (which is the majority), some mud holes, rocky sections and some sand. I just want a tire that’s going to perform in all sections and still ride good
I'd take a serious look at the carnivores then. Lots of reviews on them on the web.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts