PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased two new Carlise AT489 front tires size 26x9x12 for my 2009 Polaris Ranger 700 Crew Cab.
The tire states MAX INFL 7 PSI.
It also states Warning do not exceed 25 PSI on the tire.
However, the Polaris Manual states PSI to be 12 PSI in the front and 16 PSI in the rear tires and labels also state this
on the fenders.

Any thoughts out there as to what I should inflate my tires to. I do not intend putting load on the bed and will likely have two adults and two kids as load.

Thanks for your input

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I run 20 in rear 15 in front a little more bumpy but incase I,am loaded I is ready T&S my tires are pitbull rockers T&S

Reactions: MRHiggins

·
Registered
425 Posts
Go by the label on your vehicle same as your car or truck, you may deviate a little higher or lower but never exceed the MAX Psi on the tire its the cold burst pressure. Tire pressure on a vehicle is calculated from the tire size and vehicle weight.

I just purchased two new Carlise AT489 front tires size 26x9x12 for my 2009 Polaris Ranger 700 Crew Cab.
The tire states MAX INFL 7 PSI.
It also states Warning do not exceed 25 PSI on the tire.
However, the Polaris Manual states PSI to be 12 PSI in the front and 16 PSI in the rear tires and labels also state this
on the fenders.

Any thoughts out there as to what I should inflate my tires to. I do not intend putting load on the bed and will likely have two adults and two kids as load.

Thanks for your input

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
I have had issues with pinch flats when running less than 14 or 15 psi. I would run 15 psi in all 4, maybe raising the rears to 18 or 20 if I were hauling a heavy load.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies....much appreciated.

It is certainly a bit confusing. The outside of the tire indicates "MAX INFL 7 PSI" and also indicates "WARNING See Vehicle Label or Owner's Manual for Operating Pressure." Both the Vehicle label and Owner's Manual state 12 PSI front and 16 PSI Rear; whereas, the tire indicates MAX INFL 7 PSA. I am thinking of starting somewhere between to two and making adjustments as I go.

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
In most places, you'd have constant problems (pinch flats) if you ran 7psi. When I first got mine, I ran the recommended 10 psi and had one flat after another. Things got much better once I started running 14 to 15.........and MUCH better after I ditched the OEM Carlisle tires and went to Bighorns. But a lot has to do with the terrain.....we have a LOT of rocks around here.

·
Registered
425 Posts
My 2014 800 Midsize Ranger has 25x812 AT489 and the side wall says not to exceed 10 psi the GVW sticker says 10psi , the rears are 25x11x12 not to exceed 25 psi. Sticker says 16 psi. Tire pressure is the recommended psi for the weight of the vehicle, a larger or smaller tire still needs the same pressure to carry the load of the vehicle regardless of it being off road o highway driven.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Your Ranger is heavier than an ATV. The added weight needs the added air pressure to prevent premature wear or failure. I run 12 lbs in my tires. I have run 15 in my rear tires when loaded really heavy for camping.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts