PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Did you get your pressure dialed in Ranger? I took mine out earlier this week for the first time aired up to 8.5 front and 9 rear. I still have some experimenting to do as this wasn't the ideal setup. I guess I'm used to running low pressures on atvs - this is my first side by side. I'm still running stock Carlisles. I need to play with the shock preloads also.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
207 Posts
i found for my riding to run at least 10 lbs all the way around

Reactions: wilfreeman

·
Registered
54 Posts
Cool - I'll try that when we go riding next weekend. Did you change your preload settings any? I really didn't pay much attention to the ride quality other than noticing too much "roll" in the corners. I figured this was a tire problem, but might need another click of preload in the front. I know it isn't going to perform like my brother's RZR, but I would like to feel more confident in the corners - not like "oh crap, I'm going to hit that tree!"

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
We've got a lot of rocks around here and I've found that running 10 psi or less will equal a lot of pinch flats. Once I went up to 14 or 15 psi, that helped greatly.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
I'm with Jerry, anything less than 12 psi you'll start having flats from bead leaks, pinch flats, and it also is harder on the sidewall of your tire.

I run between 12-14 psi all the time front or rear. I go everywhere from gravel roads, to gumbo mud holes to rocks and river crossings.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions guys - I'll bump them up to 10 and go from there. I'll try to remember how the suspension is performing also, so that I can play with that too.

·
Registered
166 Posts
yup, 10-15 psi

Reactions: wilfreeman

·
Registered
54 Posts
OK, I finished up my rear mud guards today and bumped up the pressure to 11 front and 11.5 rear. Maybe if it stops raining long enough to go riding, I'll see how that works! Might have to do a little tweaking on the struts though.

2015 Ranger 570 mid - BONE STOCK (for now!)

·
Registered
54 Posts
2nd trail ride last Saturday - still need to bump the pressure up. Still rolling in curves more than I like. Maybe I'll try 15 this time. These will work until spring when I buy my new tires. They took me everywhere that my brother went with his 27" Swamp Lites!

2015 Ranger 570 mid

1 - 12 of 12 Posts