PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,,, Bought a 2011 800 ranger crew... really good shape, but it needs at least rear tires.

this might be a dumb question... do you guys replace tires yourselves or is this a tire shop job? I am reasonably handy...

What tire that is readily available would you recommend...? Not going to do any lift or anything... just something that can handle ranch driving, and muddy roads at the duck club? preferably one that fits the stock rim... this will not be one of the bad ass bling mobiles I am jealous of... so I wont be replacing rims and whatnot... Any help would be appreciated...! thanks!
Carson

·
Registered
22,344 Posts
Take it to the tire shop. If you ever try wrestling one of these on/off, you won't do it again.

Hard to beat something with tread like the Bighorn (there are several copies with similar tread) for a good, all around tire.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Take it to the tire shop. If you ever try wrestling one of these on/off, you won't do it again.

Hard to beat something with tread like the Bighorn (there are several copies with similar tread) for a good, all around tire.
I just purchased some DWT Moapa tires from Discount Tire. They ride nice and have great traction in the deserts around New Mexico..I couldn't tell you how they perform in the mud though.

Discount Tire mounted them and put new valve stems in for me at about $13 a tire. There was NO WAY I was going to mount my own due to all the green slime I pumped into the stock tires!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
this might be a dumb question... do you guys replace tires yourselves or is this a tire shop job? I am reasonably handy...
Carson
I haven't used one myself yet, but plan on getting one of these from Harbor Freight. There are a bunch of youtube videos of people dismounting and mounting ATV/UTV tires in just a couple of minutes. For $40, it's worth a try.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just purchased some DWT Moapa tires from Discount Tire. They ride nice and have great traction in the deserts around New Mexico..I couldn't tell you how they perform in the mud though.

Discount Tire mounted them and put new valve stems in for me at about $13 a tire. There was NO WAY I was going to mount my own due to all the green slime I pumped into the stock tires!!
Discount tire out here is Americas tire co. They dont seem to stock atv tires... do you guys usually have to order them...? Or is this just a demand issue for my area...? seems like I am gonna get stabbed for full book price if the guy has to order them....

·
Registered
35 Posts
Bump for bighorns. I love mine so far. Good all around tire

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discount tire out here is Americas tire co. They dont seem to stock atv tires... do you guys usually have to order them...? Or is this just a demand issue for my area...? seems like I am gonna get stabbed for full book price if the guy has to order them....
I've being doing business with Discount Tires for all my vehicles for years. I appreciate the fast service and they always go out of their way to help out (and no, I don't have any affiliation with them..just a loyal customer).

Discount tire ordered the tires for me, and they arrived within 1 week. It might seems like a good deal to order tires with free shipping/no tax, but then again, you have to mount them. For me, it just wasn't worth trying to mount the tires myself. and install new valve stems. I've been doing this awhile and truth be told, just easier to have someone else do it.

I did notice Sams started carrying ATV tires at my local store. I don't know about their service, but you might want to check into it if you have one nearby.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.