PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help here. I just installed backwoods armor forward and arched arms with 3" built in lift. And have not bought tires for it yet and in need of some. I'm down to 31 outlaws or 30 zillas. I want to go with the outlaws but dont want to have too rough of a ride. I ride with my wife and child a lot so don't want to be best to heck and back and I also ride a lot in pastures and fields, but also ride in our hunting camp that goes to the river and you need a machine and tires to make it around there. Then on the other hand you have zillas, a lot lighter tire that should ride a little smoother than an outlaw but with the softer rubber and weight of ranger I don't know how well it will hold up or how well it will perform.

I also at one time was looking at the moto mtc but they seem really heavy and from reviews don't perform well in mud. Would be a 30" or a 32" in the mtcs

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Neither of those! 31" Super Swampers FTW. They go great mud, smooth on trails and asphalt and great in rocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha man I see a lot of ppl going to a truck style tire and to be honest that would be the tire I got if I went with a trick style just haven't sold myself on going that route just yet

·
Registered
112 Posts
IF I had to choose between those two tires it would be Outlaws for sure. If you run the 31" outlaws they will rub on your factory front bumper. Also if you do not have steering stops, they will most likely rub the inner fender wells. I have 29.5 Terminators and love them. Really bad ass look but with a smooth ride. Just some things to think about, good luck!!!

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
I don't have any personal experience with them (don't really need a super aggressive mud tire where I ride), but many folks here really like the OL2's. Great mud traction but provide a very smooth ride.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I have ran both tires on atvs and sxs. The Zilla is a A/t tire. The Outlaw is a mud tire. The zillas did good but are not even close to my favorite tire. They both will have a little vibe on jard pack under 5mph. Out of those 2 I would go with the outlaws. If you are looking for the best rideing best performance A/t tire that rides smooth look into the Terminators or Outlaw Radials. If have any doubt u mite get stuck and want your rig to look like a Beast go with the 31in Outlaws.

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
......If you are looking for the best rideing best performance A/t tire that rides smooth look into the Terminators or Outlaw Radials........
I meant to say Outlaw Radials.....not the OL2's.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys for the responses. I've had outlaw radials and really liked them but now there's a few people that have them and they also are heavy. Been back and forth on terms. There a little heavy but heard they seem to work pretty well. Haven't been able to decide if terms would be a good route or not. I know they will prolly be smoother than outlaws but not perform as well

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Lol do like I do. Buy a good used set and trade about every 6 months for something different. Ive had probably 15 different sets in the last 8 years lol

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol now that would be the way to go!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Neither of those! 31" Super Swampers FTW. They go great mud, smooth on trails and asphalt and great in rocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I got some 33 LTB's.... Don't think I can get them to fit tho haha

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I ran a set of Zillas and was really happy with the ride and longevity of the tire. Not a pure mud tire but plenty capable. My riding is 90% trail with 10% mud mixed in.

Reactions: Bamarider

·
Registered
321 Posts
IF I had to choose between those two tires it would be Outlaws for sure. If you run the 31" outlaws they will rub on your factory front bumper. Also if you do not have steering stops, they will most likely rub the inner fender wells. I have 29.5 Terminators and love them. Really bad ass look but with a smooth ride. Just some things to think about, good luck!!!
I love my 29.5 Terminators also. Very smooth ride and can sling mud with the best of them!

Reactions: Bamarider

·
Registered
142 Posts
I ride the same style and will soon be facing the same dilemma. I've narrowed it down to either terms or outlaw radials. I also run a good bit of asphalt so I'm trying to find a good in between tire that wears well.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
From what I've read the terms and outlaw rads are very close to one another. I had the rads on my commander and really liked them but just wanting to do something different with the ranger.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just got the Outback Max tires rides very smooth
They do ride smooth? They look really mean, I like the look, just figured they prolly didn't ride too well. How do they do on trails, sand, and in the mud

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
The terms are softer so the radials would be better on asphalt

1 - 18 of 18 Posts