PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Polaris Ranger crew and have an opportunity to purchase a set of new take off on 2014 Polaris Ranger Crew 900. Here is what Polaris shows on the 900, Front Tires 26 x 9-12; Rear Tires 26 x 11-12. On my 570, the specs are Front Tires 25 x 10-12 and Rear Tires 25 x 10-12. Would the wheels off the 900 work on my 570? FYI... I have installed a 2.5" Marshall lift kit. Thanks,

·
Premium Member
6,359 Posts
The tires would probably work fine but the wheels (rims) will not. The 570 uses a 3/8" stud, the 900 uses a 12mm stud so the lug holes in the 900 rim will be too large. I was surprised that you said the stock 570 crew front and rear tires were the same but that is indeed what the fiche shows despite the fact the front rims are 12x6 and the rear are 12x8! Odd!

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks fswan, I just copied/pasted from polaris.com and given the rim issue, I will have to walk on this deal. Thanks again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
FSWAN you seem to be know what you are talking about on Polaris wheels. I have a question regarding my 800 Crew wheels. Original equipment is 14X6 wheels on front and 14X8 on the back. Just had local dealer order new alum wheels for me. They order 14X7 for all four. Know the tires will fit, but curious what the new wheels will do to the factory warranty on the Ranger.

·
Premium Member
6,359 Posts
Whoa!! I'm dumb as a rock when it comes to wheels and tires (and most other Popo stuff) - I just repeat stuff the real experts say! Your statement that your 800 came stock with 14" wheels surprised me - I thought they were all 12"(?) My "guess" on your warranty question is that you should be OK, but I would be concerned that your local dealer may have ordered wheels without regard to the different offsets between the front and back! Hopefully, a REAL wheel/tire expert will chime in!

BTW - Welcome to PRC!

·
Registered
50 Posts
The tires would probably work fine but the wheels (rims) will not. The 570 uses a 3/8" stud, the 900 uses a 12mm stud so the lug holes in the 900 rim will be too large. <br/>

you should be able to use a tapered lug nut and be fine. Please correct me on this if I'm wrong.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,359 Posts
you should be able to use a tapered lug nut and be fine. Please correct me on this if I'm wrong.
It might work but I wouldn't try it. I would be concerned that end of the tapered lug nut would hit the hub before the taper 'filled up' the 12mm hole. Even if it did fill up the hole, it would certainly be weaker.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts