PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help , I am still on the hunt for a 800 or 900 rzr for my son, I am finding nothing but junk, at least in my opinion. I would really rather buy a 900 but it worries me about the intakes. People could have been running them and the engines be half trashed already. There is a 2014 RZR 800 xc loaded in my area with 200 miles n it. It has never seen the mud and looks brand new but his bottom dollar is 8800. Seems like a lot for an 800, should I hold out for a 900? Is the 800 worth that kind of money? Sorry I am beating this topic to death but I just don't know anything about rzr's. MikeT has helped me a bunch so far, big thanks to him.

Thanks n advance,
Brandon

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried atv trader. I have been looking on facebook and craigslist. I will try tractor house.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone have any info?

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Don't know jack about rzrs. How much is a new 800?

·
Registered
999 Posts
I don't think that is a bad deal if it is in good shape. I agree with Jim, I don't know much about Rzr's. The cheapest brand new Rzr you can buy right now starts at $10,299 and it is the 570 trail version.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
This place here is near me. But there aren't any 500 rzr's. The 2018 900 S certainly looks interesting to me though. I'd have to ask Toxic if there is any big changes in the RZR from 2018 to 2019. https://townandcountry.com/Showroom/RZR

·
Registered
369 Posts
If you're getting it for yourself, get the EPS one you won't regret it and an aftermarket EPS will cost about the same as the price difference on the two 900's. If this is for a kid, it's too much machine for someone with little or no driving off-road experience, way too much. Just my opinion a person should have at least 1000 - 1500 hard off-road miles experience before driving a 900 and double that for one of the 1K machines.

Mike

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
As I look farther at the RZR I noticed the RZR has no turf mode. Is that correct ?

·
Registered
369 Posts
The only RZR's that have turf mode stock are the international models, shipped overseas. several owners have modded their units to get turf mode, a fair amount of cost and equally fair amount of work involved, but it can be done if you're determined.

Mike

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
I guess if I did upgrade I'd lean towards the General then as it comes with the turf mode. There is quite a difference in pricing between base model and deluxe (trog$$). But I might start with the premium eps and just upgrade the shocks later if I need to.
We'll see.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts