PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any body driven a Tom car theses things are pretty much indestructible only draw back is there only 2 wheel drive but will go where most 4x4 go. They even have a small piece of the axle that will shear when to much pressure is applied to save the rest of the drive train and you just swap it out and keep going. I wonder why the other manufactures don't incorporate that.

·
Premium Member
6,359 Posts
Some really nice features - the adjustable front ball joints, break-away tie rods, up front accessible electrics, jack, easy access engine (4 cyl), 30 second belt change. One the negative side is a trick they must have learned from Polaris - only a 6 month warranty! And I gotta say, it's ugly as homemade sin.
Heavy-Duty Recreational Vehicles | High-Performance Vehicle | TOMCAR

·
Registered
621 Posts
MAN that thing is Fugly....wouldn't be caught dead in one of those LOL

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Although I kind of like the looks, it will need the heavy duty parts, without 4 wheel drive you'll need to use the run n gun style of driving, think it's more suited for the desert then the mud.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
It might be tougher than a Ranger, and it should be as much as that thing weighs, but to me, that would be its only redeeming feature.

I bet the Ranger will go better in 2WD than the Tom Car and then you still have AWD when the going gets tough. I hardly ever use anything but turf mode in mine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts