PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning guys, a while ago I posted, thinking about tracks, well , getting closer. This last week I helped a friend install his , from last year , back on a 2014 900 ranger. For the first time it went ok. A little trouble with the rears, but the fronts went on good. Realigned the front, for proper toe, which the dealer had not done, and that made a big difference on steering. Now, the issue. The rear attack angle adjustment. There is a 3/4" gap between the two rubber bushings. In the instructions show the bushings just touching without pressure on them. With the bushings loose, it allows the front of the track to be to low, not to climb as it should. We did not loosen the spring clamp/angle bolts, and left it as it was last year. Test drive went good, but I don,t think the bushings should be that loose. When it drives ahead the track moves head with a bump, when it hits the bushing, because of the free play. Hope this description of the problem is good enough. I,ve read the installation book and the paper flyer, but it,s a little vague on the spring adjustment, or it,s me;-). Thanks for any help in getting the slop out of the bushing setup. Kc in U.P.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry about that. Turned 72 thismorning and it ain,t gonna get any better. ;-/ The tracks are polaris prospector pro 2014 bought with machine. Made by camoplast I,m sure. Made for the 900 ranger. Xp. Thanks. Ken

1 - 3 of 3 Posts