PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone
I have tracks on my 18 ranger and a 72” plow plade on my Polaris Hd glacier plow
Since the tracks width and the blade are the same it’s impossible to plow without leavng 3-4” of track that isn’t being cleared when angled which then leaves a packed down ridge of snow that creates more issues of clearing the snow off level.

Does anyone have any suggestions for extending at least one side of the blade? I haven’t been able to find an 84” blade that would work specially on a winding road

Thanks

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Contact a local welding shop and have them fab some extensions of steel the same thickness as the Polaris plow and roll the seam radius in them. If it's a steel plow have them weld on the extensions, if it's poly they probably can extend the supports behind the plow and weld the extensions to the added supports. You may even be able to make the support extensions bolt on so they can be removed if necessary.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Steve. I’m surprised that Polaris wouldn’t have that as an option
Yes I’ll try the welding shop

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Glad to put forth an idea. Let us know how it works.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have a 2018 xp1000, camso tracks and a glacier 72" blade. This has proved to be a great combo. Works absolutely perfect. I have never noticed the 3/4" you mentioned. Doesn't seem to be worthy of any effort to deal with!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts