PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new XP900 that I would like to put a set of tracks on for snow use. I am interested in pulling a small drag/groomer to clean up our snowmobile trails around the house.

What tracks should I consider? Any feedback on experience with track systems, pros/cons? I have heard great things about the durability of MatTracks and they have a new system for UTV's

Any upgrades required for the Ranger before adding the tracks?

·
Registered
90 Posts
While I don't have any experience with a UTV and a track kit, I did have a track kit on my atv. I had a 2010 Sportsman 850 XP EPS with a set of Tatou 4S tracks on it. That was my second track kit. The first was a set of Prospector Pro and I absolutely hate them. They were so noisy and the design of them was a sucky design. The bogey wheels were in the frame where once you got ice build up on the bogeys, they would lock up and then you had to dig the ice out and free the wheels up. I ended up selling that kit and took a hit on it and got the Tatou 4S. They were so quiet and never had to worry about ice build up. The Tatou was geared a little lower than the Prospectors, so speed wise I couldn't quite go as fast. The dealer that I got them from though, said that Polaris is putting too big of a drive gear on, and they are burning up belts.

I plan on getting a new Ranger 900 in the next couple months and will be picking up a set of Tatou 4S again for it. They are made my Camoplast, which has been making tracks for years! Polaris did change to a Camoplast track and well the design is about the same, but the drive gear is a little bigger. They are a little more expensive from Polaris as well.

Just me experience. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great Info. I will check the Tatou out..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.