PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive read and searched about tracks but i havent found anything that answers my question. How do the tracks work while pulling a trailer? It will be a fairly heavy trailer, used to haul firewood. Ive found a few prospector pro sr tracks near me fairly cheap, just wondering on the pulling capabilities.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
There are a few here that use tracks so it should be an easy answer for them. I've never used tracks but have heard it takes a lot of power to run them. A lot of the time you'll be running in 'L' .

·
Registered
778 Posts
What do you want to know about hauling with tracks? Over snow?? If so we use sleds, much easier. Over bare terrain I would suggest a trailer with an articulating axle setup.

Your clutching will be your weak link, make sure you run in low range and I'd recommend adding a belt housing temp sensor to know when you're heating it up too much.

·
Registered
201 Posts
If they are Prospector Pros made by Camoplast I can assure you they are good tracks. I have used mine to pull both hitched sleds and trailers across the ice for fishing and have no complaints, the tracks stick out past the receiver so unless you use an extension you have to be mindful of that when making tight turns or backing up. As far as pulling ability, I have pulled out other ATV's/UTV's with mine and never had an issue with the sprockets jumping. The only issue I can see with a heavy trailer is turning on good ground. It is a lot of track on the ground and may be pretty hard on the rear axles and diff when making sharp turns if you aren't on snow, ice or loose ground of some sort. I would look into the SVI traction control kit for this reason as it lets you have the machine in 4WD with the diff unlocked.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts