PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i might have over searched and got a bit confused with all the info but thought i would post my own question. my family has 2 850 quads , a full size ranger, and now my wife had decided she wants to get into dirt bikes to ride trails with me. i haven't had to use a trailer before and after a mishap unloading my 850 out of the back of my truck i will not do it again with a quad and or a dirtbike. being that my wife is going to ride her bike sometimes on her own and or with friends i was thinking 2 trailers . 1 a small 3 rail trailer for dirt bikes and the other a larger trailer that is more versatile and can haul 2 quads with a ranger or a larger trailer for the ranger and 1 quad and perhaps a small platform trailer that can haul 1 quad or couple of dirt bikes?

would i be able to haul a full size ranger and 2 sportmans with front/rear brush guards and slightly lager wheels and tires{27 bighorns and hd3 wheels} on a 16 x 7 deck over trailer{ aluma 8816}. looking to get the most versatile set up...open to hearing of other aluminum trailer options , going to be pulled by a 2011 f150 with a 6.2

thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
The short answer is no, you can't put two Quads AND a Ranger on a 16' trailer. Your Ranger is 10' long, add in each quad at 4' wide mounted sideways and you're going to need at least a 18' trailer at the minimum. Its best to get a slightly larger trailer than you think you need. You'll have room for "extra" gear too. Your F150 will pull it just fine, but be sure to have trailer brakes, a controller (your truck should have one from the factory) and always load heavier in front of the trailer axles.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I would recommend a 20 x 7 and like the guy said in the previous post, you will want the trailer to have brakes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts