PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

trailer for my ranger

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  bornlzr 
#1 ·
I'm trying to gather info on the right enclosed trailer for my Ranger. I don't know much about trailers, but have been told to opt for a tandem axle. Our obvious issue is clearance height. I like the idea of a 12 ft trailer, would like to find a used one & appreciate any thoughts on this subject.

#3 ·
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by absea

Height is a big issue and make sure you allow for oversized tires, because they have a way of adding themselves sooner or later!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Thats the truth.

#4 ·
thanks for the advice on heighth.......w/ a 75" to the top of the roll bar I think I'm going to be asking Wells Cargo to add another 15 " to the trailer to accomodate the tilt end effect on the heighth, plus your advice on over sized tires down the line....thank you !

#5 ·
I have a 14' and that does most of the things I want but it wasn't very long after I got it that I wished I had bought a 16'. An enclosed 12 doesn't leave you much room to get around and tie things down or put any extra gear inside. I wouldn't buy anything smaller than the 16' I wish I had as long as the tow vehicle wouldn't have a problem and when you're not using it there is a place to store it. If the rear trailer door isn't the ramp then use short (3')ramps and the total break over height will be less. My door is shorter in height than the stock Ranger and I can get it in this way but there isn't much clearance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.