PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought 6 X 10 trailer for my new 2016 Ranger 570 Mid. When I went to the Polaris dealer to pick up my ranger, I got a little surprise. The ranger has a full poly enclosure with doors. Once loaded, you couldn't open the doors wide enough to get out. The bottom of the doors hit the side rails of the trailer by about an inch. I bought an 8' 2 x 10 and cut it in to 4 2' lengths with a 45 deg. cut on the front edges. screwed these to the trailer floor where the tires would rest. It allows the doors to clear the rails and swing wide open.

Anyhow, not all trailers are built the same, so you might need to be prepared for this possibility.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have to climb out my window inside the trailer. good thing I am small and agile!! If I push the rig all the way to the right I can just speak out the door but then the load is off center...

·
Registered
762 Posts
A wise man down your way mentioned that same scenario in another thread a few days ago.

Easy and simple fix with the 2x10's though.

Reactions: fswan

·
Registered
974 Posts
I bought 6 X 10 trailer for my new 2016 Ranger 570 Mid. When I went to the Polaris dealer to pick up my ranger, I got a little surprise. The ranger has a full poly enclosure with doors. Once loaded, you couldn't open the doors wide enough to get out. The bottom of the doors hit the side rails of the trailer by about an inch. I bought an 8' 2 x 10 and cut it in to 4 2' lengths with a 45 deg. cut on the front edges. screwed these to the trailer floor where the tires would rest. It allows the doors to clear the rails and swing wide open.

Anyhow, not all trailers are built the same, so you might need to be prepared for this possibility.
Thankfully you were able to resolve this issue relatively easy. Alternatively, those which purchased a general might just climb out of the window :) general.jpg

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
I had the same problem , before I put a lift kit on the Ranger.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
LOL, been there! Kinda sucks the first time this happens.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Very good idea, I like it. I have been stowing my door behind the seat in my pickup for transporting. I think I am getting a couple of 2x8s and mounting them to the floor with my Pro Locker bolted down on the driver's side front. Good thinking.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts