PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did spring for front and back glass on my new 570. So far no wipers or doors.
I have used Rain X off and on over the years, and I like it.

I decided to give it a try on the UTV Glass. My glass was pretty clean, however I still cleaned it inside and out with some Great Spray Glass Cleaner I got from the Windshield replacement shop, using Blue Paper Shop Towels.

Per the Instructions I then wet another clean Blue Towel with Rain X Treatment and rubbed it in in a circular motion. I rewet the towel as required.

I then let it set to dry and form a haze.

The instructions said you could buff out dry or wet. Dry looked like it was going to take a while. I got a spray bottle with water and misted the glass, then buffed it out with clean towels. NOTE: Distilled Water in the hand sprayer for the final buffing would probably be even better. I have really hard water, Great to Drink, but lots of calcium.

I figure the Rain X treatment should last for about 3 months. The small bottle should do a years worth of treatments on the UTV.
I figure about every 3 months I will need to do a good job cleaning the windshield anyway to keep it clear.

I do see a down side to using it. The wife will want me to start cleaning the glass and treating her Dodge Truck.

Now I will need to wait on a rain to see just how well it works.

Bob

·
Premium Member
6,359 Posts
An excellent idea for glass windshields!! But if any of you have poly or acrylic windshields, don't use Rain-ex, it'll mess 'em up bad!

Reactions: mustangwagz

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
An excellent idea for glass windshields!! But if any of you have poly or acrylic windshields, don't use Rain-ex, it'll mess 'em up bad!
Ditto. I've seen that multiple times.

Reactions: mustangwagz

·
Registered
125 Posts
Guilty .......

·
Registered
105 Posts
What's the best treatment to keep poly windows from fogging up?

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Honestly, im not sure personally, but ive found that a small fan works GREAT at keeping mine unfogged. Now, granted, my cab is heated for winter use, however irregardless of weather if it starts to fog, i turn the fan on and bingo..problemo solved!

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I use good quality car wax on my poly/Lexan windshield and it works great. It removes vitually all the light stratches too.

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
As mentioned above, car wax works pretty well. Novus or other plastic polishes are probably best (but a little expensive). Furniture polish works too, but you have to put a little more elbow grease into the polishing portion in order to keep it from streaking.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I just got my first Ranger ETX. Dealer suggested I use Rain X on the glass windows - used regular product on the outside the anti-fog product Rain X product for inside. So far it works great and a whole lot cheaper than a windshield wiper!

·
Registered
621 Posts
In regards to poly, Plexus is good stuff

·
Vendor
1,653 Posts
I've been thinking about putting Rain-X on my glass windshield too. Did you do both sides?

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
I've been thinking about putting Rain-X on my glass windshield too. Did you do both sides?
I would on a SXS, since both sides have a chance of getting wet. On my car and truck, I only treat the outside.

·
Registered
109 Posts
when I do the rain x treatment on my autos, I apply as directed, wait till it dries or hazes and take off with an auto buffer with a new bonnet work great, I usually do 2 or 3 treatments in a row seems to last longer

1 - 15 of 15 Posts