PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering of anyone has fabbed up a truck plow to fit on their ranger there are a few 78 inch plows from Ford rangers and Chevy s10 around they could be cut down to 72 then you could hydro up down and side to side

·
Registered
84 Posts
I had looked around for a while and leaned towards a plow setup from a old suzuki samurai.... There's several things to consider though, by time I was going to pay scrap value for the plow with the frame, put new hydrualic lines on it and so on, it wasn't worth it . I purchased a 72" Denali plow that will be here Tomorow($630) shipped to my door with everything. I intend on adding my own hydrualic ram since it already has the mounts for an add on. My biggest concern was how much added weight a truck plow will have , along with the added stress on the machine.A friend had also mentioned to me that the truck plow springs are too stiff and will result in impact damage on the already weak polaris frame. I'm sure it can be done, and I encourage anyone who can modify things to try it, but for me it just wasn't worth the hassle for the cost of a new plow

Reactions: fswan

·
Registered
35 Posts
That was what I was thinking how's it handle the weight was it fairly easy to fab up the frame mounts?
Some people might think that the poly plow is lighter then a convetional steel plow, but in my honest opinion, I think they are very similar in weight. The poly has alot stronger, heavier framework to compensate for the poly shield. The plow is heavy. I cranked my springs to the hardest setting. I also plow with a load of firewood in the bed. I think it does a great job. The plow bracket I made up was pretty simple, Its all made out of 1/4 inch flat stock. Lemme know if you have any other questions?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Newyorker where are you located ... I will keep an eye out for one

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Found a 6 1/2 foot Fisher with everything for 200 looks to be in good shape its got the old box controller I wonder if they can be updated to a hand help hmm for 200 I'm going to take a look at it

·
Registered
84 Posts
Sweet , yea it's probably worth looking at , probably pick if up cheaper then 200 .... I'm in johnstown , about 2.5 hours east of you

·
Registered
973 Posts
Like you, I'm thinking of a plow for my Polaris Ranger and looking at the range of options (polaris....truck plows). Truck plows are heavy when compared to UTV plows, so does anyone know the weight limit of the front end of Polaris Ranger relative to installing plows?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey kaama did you just bolt your bracket to the four holes under the transfer case?
I used 8 bolts when I bolted my bracket on. I made the bracket so it has like a 60 degree angle on the front. The bracket comes up the front part of the frame. There are 2 small threaded holes there and then used the six holes under the front differential. I don't know if I have a picture. I will check.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well i looked at the plow and it had a few pin holes in and and was starting to get thin so i will just keep looking its a nice machine i dont want to insult it with a junk plow

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.