PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
Deciding
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, new guy here and new to the Ranger.

I'm doing my research to decide on which new 2023 Ranger to get. I want one to replace my quad that I use for yard-work and such on my 8 acre property and some mild trail riding. I want to get the best bang for the buck and my budget is under 20K.

I want power steering so I've narrowed my search to the SP 570 Premium, 1000 EPS and 1000 Premium.

It seems the SP 570 has the HP I need but I will be pulling trailers and downed trees around the property so the higher tow and more capacity in the bed points toward the full size Ranger. The SP 570 seems to come more equipped than the 1000's with the latest updates like bigger battery and charging system, full coverage skid plate, better front bumper and sealed suspension bushings and wheel bearings but the specs for the 1000's don't mention if they have this or not.

At this point I'm leaning towards the SP 570 but then I don't know what I don't know.

Any help, suggestions and comments are greatly appreciated.

· Registered
‘17 Ranger 570 Midsize
1,345 Posts
Some thoughts.

I bought my 570 Midsize almost 6 years ago. I drive all over my property with it. Haul wood, pull a pull behind mower, harrow, plow snow, hauled deer/elk, and spread seed with it. I don’t have power steering and haven’t needed it. My wife hasn’t needed power steering either.

I bought this size because it “can” fit in a full size pickup bed. It’s never been off property except from it’s own power. The disadvantage is it’s a two seater. I put an additional set of seatbelts to haul grandkids that I bought off ebay.

My wife who is 5’2” has issues reaching the pedals without a bit of foam behind her back. The seat is not adjustable. An adjustable seat would be helpful for her.

My 570 has had plenty of power. Note, I’ve found the Ranger not great for moving even empty utility trailers. The hitches are pretty close to the ground.

Reactions: TN7Man

· Registered
Deciding
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

I was looking at the power steering for the wife also but in addition to EPS the Polaris website shows that the SP 570 Premium also has the Full-Body Skid Plate, Full-Coverage Front Bumper & New Mud Guards compared to the SP 570. The combination of these (plus the LED headlights but not a biggy) is what has me leaning towards the Premium.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts